UNDERSTANDING THE DIMENSIONS OF ABSTRACT ART
In the 19th century, several art movements led to the development of abstract art: Romanticism, Impressionism, and Expressionism. This is really where artists started taking an objective look at what was being seen and portrayed on a canvas. By the 20th Century, this new abstract styling had taken off and well-known artists such as Jackson Pollock, Pablo Picasso, and Mark Rothko inspired curiosity and pushed people’s imaginations to the extent that their creations were showcased through abstract wall art and other displays.
The tenets of abstract art that differentiate it from other art forms include its focus on the individual elements of art like color, shape, line, and texture. Different from other art forms, abstract artists use these elements to pull away from the depiction of any literal, representational reference points. This vague and loose look to a finished work can give off a modern feel to your home decor and inspire creativity and different interpretations from those who view it. Minted has a collection of hundreds of limited-edition abstract wall art pieces that can be ordered in your choice of size to create the oversized statement piece or a subtle addition to a mantelpiece or bookshelf.
WHY SELECT ABSTRACT ART?
One of the amazing things about abstract paintings is that they are completely open to interpretation, and yield different receptions and emotions from each person who views it. Abstract art captures a person’s attention as they try to decipher its meaning. It can be perfect for a doctor's waiting room, the front desk or lobby of an office, or home entryway/living room, where guests often enter a location for the first time and form their first impressions of their new surroundings. Instantly capture someone’s attention and awe with the right wall decor.
ABOUT OUR DIVERSE ARTISTS
Minted’s marketplace is unique in the sense that we collect design submissions from artists in all 50 states and over 100 countries. These artists from all around the world have varying skill sets, training, and cultural influence, which keeps Minted’s collection diverse. We regularly host online design challenges and let any artist submit their work. We then let the public vote on their favorite designs, which in turn will be sold on our site. Artwork by the people, for the people.
Through our easy-to-use website, discover one-of-a-kind art usually found at small neighborhood art shows and festivals. In order to produce this beautiful artwork, we use best-in-class manufacturing techniques and only the finest materials. Our experienced marketing, technology, and customer service teams help ensure all the needs of our artists and customers are not only met but exceeded. To protect the uniqueness and originality of all our offerings, each abstract art print produced is limited to only 350 prints per size and colorway.
THEMES AND LOOKS TO CONSIDER
Minted has a wide assortment of abstract art options, which can be further narrowed down into unique themes and stylings. Here are a few of these themes:
- Black and White: Traditionally, black and white wall decor pairs perfectly with any existing color theme present in a room. These muted and subtle tones will also allow you the freedom to redecorate a room later down the line with almost any color combination of your choosing. Some of our black and white options include loose arrangements of black lines forming circular and angular shapes, natural patterns that resemble ocean scenes or mountain ranges, and geometric patterns forming criss-cross formations.
- Watercolor: For a more colorful take, explore our watercolor arrangements that blend strokes of numerous colors into one artistic arrangement. Brushstrokes in different directions, sizes, patterns, and shapes help create an inspirational look. Shop a collection of works featuring shades of blue, gray, and green that seem to represent a dynamic sky or moody sea. Other arrangements hint at floral-like patterns that will brighten a room.
- Geometric: Some find peace and order through 90-degree angles and recognized shapes. Explore artwork that showcases shapes like squares, rectangles, triangles, arches, and other shapes arranged in unique formations to create a final presentation. This artwork could be great in an office space or study to inspire creativity through order.
- Photography: Some of our selections celebrate abstract photography. Many of these works of art feature scenes that are blurred or deformed to elicit a dreamlike world. Others depict known items in untraditional arrangements, such as focusing on the shadows cast of an object rather than the object itself. Explore our full gallery of fine art photography.
- Minimal: Sometimes less is more. Many abstract artists are of the belief that the whole canvas does not need to be saturated with color or ink. Oftentimes the white space is just as meaningful and dramatic. Some of our designs are made up of a collage of three or four elements in one or two distinct colors. Others are simple line sketches or brush strokes. Regardless of the minimalist look you might be going for, Minted has an ample collection of abstract art prints that can make a statement in a modern, low-key way.
MODERN PRINTS TO PERFECTLY MATCH YOUR HOME DECOR
It can be difficult figuring out how to pick the right artwork for each room in the house. Minted provides you with tools to easily order custom abstract wall art online. There are plenty of ways you can make the handmade art you select perfectly align with the wall space you have in mind by manipulating the below design features:
- Art size: You can choose from a variety of sizes, whether you’re looking for a desk or side table piece of art, or a large piece to make a statement. Our print sizes start at small proportions such as 5” x 7” and gradually grow larger and larger up to dimensions as large as 48” x 70”.
- Pick a colorway: Many designs let you select a color theme you wish your painting to be printed in. Perhaps opting for a blue or green rendering rather than the original red look will best pair with your living room furniture?
- Art printing style: Opt to have your abstract art print matted and framed behind glass, or opt for canvas art that is either framed or unframed.
- Frame styling: Pick from more than a dozen frame styling options. Or, don’t have it framed at all, and add your own frame once it arrives in the mail. Some of our luxe framing styles include a distinguished whitewashed herringbone look, simple yet elegant walnut wood frames, and specialty options like brushed silver or matte brass frames.