MINTED’S DINING ROOM ART COLLECTION
The dining room is an important spot in the home where friends and family congregate to eat and have engaging and memorable conversations. Traditionally, interior designers would recommend limited distractions in the dining room (avoiding things like a TV, big speakers, colorful statement lights, etc.). This allows the focus to be placed on social interaction. To that end, when selecting wall art for the dining room, select pieces that play to subtle sophistication and that tie in with decor elements in the room. Minted’s extensive collection of limited edition wall art is consistently refreshed throughout the year and has a variety of styles, sizes, and formats to choose from. Whether you prefer framed art or canvas prints, we have dining room wall art that will fit your tastes.
STYLING TIPS AND CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE DINING ROOM
Everyone has their own vision for how a house (and especially a dining room) should be decorated. There is no wrong or right option for dining room wall decor. Below we have outlined a few concepts to keep in mind:
- Take the floorplan into account: It is much easier for stand-alone enclosed rooms to carry their own unique theme and look. If your dining room transitions openly with the kitchen or living room, with no defined barriers or walls, you will want to make sure your dining room art selections also jive with the look of the shared wall that bleeds into the other rooms.
- Formal dining room aspirations: For those imagining a prestigious formal dining room, complete the look with decor such as a chandelier, candelabras, and intricate table settings. When it comes to dining room wall selections, oil paintings on canvas are the recommended look.
- Avoid controversial or edgy pieces: Seeing as how the dining room is for coming together as a unit and sharing food and dialogue, it can be counterproductive to display figurative artwork depicting a nude model, wildlife photography showcasing a lion’s hunt, or pieces that could be making a particular social statement.
- Follow a color theme: Whether you want your artwork to match the overall color scheme of the dining room, or serve as an accent color is entirely up to you. Take into consideration things like carpets, rugs, curtains, furniture, and even serving details like napkins, plates, and silverware when thinking of the selection of your artwork. Also review basic color theory and the color wheel to understand what colors make the most sense.
UNDERSTANDING MINTED ART
When you shop Minted’s wall art for the dining room, each piece is limited edition and capped at just 350 prints per size and colorway. We source original designs from artists located around the globe skilled in many different disciplines and techniques. We let you choose the print size ranging from 5” x 7” to 48” x 70”, as well as other details like the frame styling and matting. And if you decide that wall murals are more your speed, we have those too!
SOME DINING ROOM LOOKS TO CONSIDER
Don’t know where to start when it comes to styling your home decor? Consider these below looks and mediums :
- Abstract: From geometric patterns to free flowing strokes, Minted’s abstract wall art is perfect for the modern dining room with its interpretive quality and wide range of color choices.
- Watercolor: Choose from beautiful landscape scenery, up-close depictions of objects, and more whimsical blendings of beautiful colors. The somewhat magical end result of watercolor is a look that’s perfect for any room in the house, especially the dining room.
- Photography: Whether you’re looking for a nature scene (think ocean, desert, lake) or an up close shot of a leaf, Minted has a collection of more than 1400 pieces to choose from.
- Black and white: If you’re looking for minimalist dining room art ideas, go for something black and white. Black and white art can be depicted in a wide range of mediums and techniques, but always seems to exhibit an aura of simplicity.
- Gallery wall: Given Minted’s wall art for the dining room comes in many different sizes, consider creating a gallery wall where you incorporate more than one piece. It’s funky, stylish, and allows you to pick more than one wall hanging.
- Print vs. canvas: Choose an art print framed behind plexiglass or a stretched canvas look.
- Pick the sizing: Depending on the wall space available to you, select to have a painting printed as small as 5” x 7” or as large as 48” x 70”.
- Select borders & matting: Choose the border and matte color you want, depending on your home decor.
- Include the artist's signature: You can decide if you’d like the artist to sign your artwork.
- Frame material:Frames come in everything from raw wood, brass, herringbone, and silver (just to name a few). Make the final decision on the frame direction you wish to take.
FINISH OFF THE LOOK
Minted’s art is unique, hand-designed, and limited edition. When you select a piece of artwork you like, tweak some of the display and presentation elements so that it perfectly complements your dining room decor. Below we have outlined some of the ways to create your unique look.