What is a Wedding Website?
A wedding website is your own unique site dedicated to keeping loved ones up to date on your big day. This is a great place to provide important details, organize RSVPs, and more. You can even provide information on hotels, nearby attractions, and restaurants for guests flying in from out of town. A wedding website is a great tool for you and your guests to stay up to date on wedding details, and with Minted it can be stylish too. At Minted, we have the perfect wedding website to match your invitation suite. Or, if you prefer to mix and match, we have hundreds of unique styles to choose from. Change your mind after sending out invitations? You can easily change your wedding website design, colors, or layout at any time. After selecting a design, take advantage of Minted's free wedding website features. Start by creating your universal guest list, we'll store your guests' info and RSVPs so you can address all future wedding correspondence with ease. Don't have all your guests' addresses? Request their information with our Free Digital Address Collection Cards. All you have to do is select a design, send it to your intended guests, they will be prompted to provide their addresses, and we'll address your envelopes. Gathering all your contacts and printing stylish envelopes has never been easier. No matter what envelope design you choose, we'll print your recipient addresses completely free. After you collect all your guests' info and have sent your invitations, manage your RSVPs with ease on your wedding website. We'll keep track of all your responses, even if you have multiple events for your wedding. This way, you'll never have to wonder who is coming to which wedding related event. Upgrade to a premium wedding website and enjoy all the free features plus a custom website URL, password protection, a photo gallery, and custom pages.
Are Wedding Websites Necessary?
While you don't have to have a wedding website, it is a convenient way to keep calls from guests asking questions to a minimum. The last thing you want to do while trying to finalize your wedding details is screen multiple calls asking where you are registered, or what to wear. This is where a wedding website comes in. Simply include the URL on your invitation suite and give your guests all the information they need to be prepared for the big day. A wedding website is also a resource for guests who may lose their invite, or forget to make a note of the address before heading to the venue. They can simply log onto your site and find all the details, without having the risk of turning around and being late. All Minted wedding websites are smartphone friendly, making them perfect for viewing on the go. Beyond providing functional information, your wedding website is an ideal place to include all the exciting details of how you and your spouse met and fell in love. Friends and family will enjoy reading your love story, as well as looking at any photos you include. This is also a great way for guests that may not know all the details to be up to date on your relationship before the big day.
If you are still asking yourself "Do I need a wedding website?" consider these questions:
- Are there guests coming from out of town that do not know the area? Will guests find it easier to RSVP, shop the registry, and find wedding details online?
- Do some of your guests know either you or your spouse significantly better than the other? Would they be interested in learning more about you as a couple before the big day?
- Are there additional details (beyond date and time) that guests will need to remember for the wedding? If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, a wedding website will be helpful for your guests.
What Should I Write On My Wedding Website?
Include everything on your wedding website that guests will need to be prepared for the big day! This includes everything from a brief version of your love story, the venue location, to registry information, and sightseeing suggestions. To make it easy, here's a full breakdown of everything you need to include:
- A great photo of you and your significant other, accompanied by a warm welcome to your wedding website. This is a great place to share how excited you are to celebrate with everyone, and the story of how you and your fiancé met and fell in love.
- The wedding date, time, and location. This one seems like a no-brainer, but with everything else going on it can be easy to forget! It is helpful to include a map, and to be clear if the ceremony and reception are in the same place or separate locations.
- A schedule of events. This is another piece of vital information, especially if you have multiple wedding related events happening the same weekend. Guests will be at ease knowing what to expect, and where to be at what time. Just be sure to only mention events where everyone is welcome.
- Travel and hotel information for out of town guests. If you have loved ones flying in from out of town, it is nice to give them insight into what airport to fly into, what the best hotels are, and where they will want to stay to be closest to the wedding. This is a great place to mention if you have reserved a block of rooms at a local hotel.
- Online RSVPs. Make sending and tracking RSVPs easy with Minted's guest management. You can even track RSVPs for multiple events.
- Contact Information. Make sure guests can reach you or a trusted source with any additional questions.
- Wedding details/ FAQ. This is a good place to answer any questions you think guests may have. Be sure to include information on what to wear, if the ceremony is indoors or outdoors on grass, if kids are invited and reputable babysitters in the area. If you are providing transportation from the ceremony site to the reception, be sure to include that here as well. Try to think of every question you've ever had about a loved one's wedding and provide those answers. You can even ask a friend or family member to check if you forgot anything.
- Wedding party introduction. A wedding website is a great place to introduce your wedding party, share how you met them and how long you have known each other. Be sure to include photos!
- Your registry information. While it may be against etiquette to include your registry on your invitations, it is perfectly acceptable to include links to your registry on your wedding website. Guests will be happy to have easy access to this information.
- Additional information for out of town guests. If you have guests flying in from another city or state, it is nice to share some sightseeing opportunities or restaurants they can try when not attending wedding events. Be sure to note if there are any spots that are particularly special to you and your fiancé.
- A photo gallery. If you are dying to show off your engagement photos, this is the perfect place. Pick a few of your favorite shots for friends and family to enjoy.