SET THE TONE FOR YOUR BIG DAY WITH LETTERPRESS SAVE THE DATES
Congratulations on being engaged! Now it’s time to let everyone know what your plans are regarding a wedding so they can start blocking off their calendar. After you’ve made your immediate social media posts and phone calls to loved ones, the next step is to finalize a wedding date and location so you can send out formal letterpress save the dates from Minted. Because save the date cards will be your first mailed correspondence to your wedding guests, use them to set expectations for the rest of your wedding stationery design by teasing your theme, whether that be rustic, vintage, or modern. The elegant look and feel of our embossed save the dates will surely capture your recipients’ attention and set the first impression you were hoping for. Browse Minted’s collection of beautiful card designs created by our global community of independent artists. Once you find a look that matches your desired wedding theme, personalize the design to make it uniquely yours. Add finishing touches like professionally printed recipient address labeling, colorful envelopes, and matching envelope liners to complete the memorable look.
WHAT IS LETTERPRESS?
Letterpress printing is a form of relief printing that came about in the 15th century in which designs are imprinted on a raised surface, ink is applied, and then the paper is pressed against the raised surface to transfer the design onto the paper like a stamp. This pressing procedure leaves an impression or indentation in the paper, giving the paper a premium and high-quality look and feel. The printing technique adds dimension to a correspondence as there are different elevations of text or design elements that appear on a card’s surface. Minted recognizes the prestige surrounding the letterpress printing artform and honors the practice by offering a collection of letterpress designs available for your save the dates, wedding invitations, and other wedding stationery. Every design sold on our site uses its own individual letterpress photopolymer plate, and each plate is individually hand-printed on antique Heidelberg Windmill presses. We believe there is beauty in maintaining a printing technique that has been around for centuries. If curious to learn more about the practice, we have a detailed post on the art and history of letterpress.
To achieve truly remarkable and custom save the dates with different elements embossed into the card’s surface, it is paramount that the paper quality is superior. Minted partners with a centuries-old U.S. paper manufacturer to produce luxurious paper made from pure cotton fibers. This smooth and thick paper allows for deep impressions of the letterpress designs. You and your guests will truly be able to feel the quality of the paper at your fingertips.
GET A FREE SAMPLE
Still unsure if letterpress is right for you? Want to see a design or finish up-close before making your decision? No problem! Minted offers free samples of each card design so you can feel the texture and quality of our letterpress prints before placing your full order. Sometimes the quality and impression that the card leaves with its recipient can be difficult to portray in a two-dimensional image on our website. See the real Minted difference by ordering a sample to be shipped to your doorstep. Just click “Get a Free Sample” on any product page to learn more.
The letterpress technique will only produce results as beautiful as the design you choose to print. Luckily, Minted has no shortage of gorgeous save the date options for you to choose from. Our technique for collecting these one-of-a-kind designs is quite unique. We encourage a community of independent artists to submit their designs to regularly-hosted online competitions. We then broadcast these submissions to the Minted community asking them to vote for their favorite designs. Winning designs are then sold on our site, with the contributing artist receiving a commission on every sale. This unique crowdsourcing technique ensures that our collection of designs stays fresh and diverse. As a customer, it is also rewarding to know that your purchase is helping keep our artist community fueled and motivated to imagine new stationery looks.
HOW TO MAKE CUSTOM SAVE THE DATES
Minted provides easy-to-use online tools that allow you to personalize any of our letterpress save the date designs to feature your personal imagery and specific wedding details. Make all your design updates with the simple click of a mouse or even using your mobile device. Save your design progress at any point and return at a later time to continue with edits. The process is simple! Below we have outlined some of the key steps in creating your custom save the dates.
- Pick your Design: Make a selection from our catalog of embossed save the date designs. Choose from portrait, landscape, and square formatting in a number of popular themes, including rustic, vintage, and modern.
- Edit Text: Input your wedding date, venue or location, names, and other important information. If you have already set up a personal wedding website, consider including that information in your template as well. You can select from a variety of fonts, colors, and sizes to personalize your design even more. Easily drag text boxes and place them in different arrangements for a completely new look.
- Add Imagery: Upload personal imagery to use in your design. This may be the perfect opportunity to highlight that great engagement photo you have! Our photo upload tool will allow you to zoom, crop, add filters such as black and white or sepia, or enhance your photo automatically. With single- and multi-photo designs, there are an abundance of styles to choose from. As you add your personal photos in, you will immediately see them displayed in the design template you are working with.
- Select Envelopes: Select your associated envelopes. White envelopes are available for free, or you can upgrade to other premium colors. Depending on your wedding’s color theme, you may opt for bold envelopes to match. We offer envelopes in silver, black, blush, cloud blue, antique rose, and many more beautiful colors.
- Add Free Recipient Addressing: This step is optional but highly recommended. Minted provides themed recipient addressing to give your first wedding correspondence the professional, leveled-up look it deserves. Choose from an address styling that is created to match the look of your card or pick from dozens of other creative looks. Simply load your guest’s mailing addresses to our tool and we will do the rest. Even if you don’t have everyone’s address we can help digitally collect them for you as well!
- Review Proof: Once you submit your completed design, a Minted design associate will review your design, correct any elements that may present a challenge for our printers, and assemble a final proof for your approval. This is your chance to make sure your letterpress save the dates are exactly how you want them to look. After you approve the digital proof, your order will be sent to the printers.
During the checkout process, you’ll have the option to select a number of options to add additional design elements and improve the overall presentation of your mailed correspondence. Those options include:
- Custom Liners: Include a custom envelope liner to add an extra touch of class to your wedding stationery. Simply slide in these adhesive liners to the inside of each envelope for a pop of color as your guests open your letter. We will recommend a liner that matches your exact design, or you can choose from dramatic gold, rose gold, or silver liners.
- Return Address Printing: Add return address printing to your envelopes to include a matching designed return address. It sure beats hand-writing your address on each envelope, and looks a lot more professional too!
- Skinnywrap™: As an alternative to our return address printing, select our unique skinnywrap™ styling option. Your address will be printed on a thin 7.25” long adhesive strip that can be wrapped around the side of your envelope to showcase additional design charm.
CONTINUE YOUR DESIGN THEME THROUGHOUT THE REST OF YOUR WEDDING
Once you’ve designed your custom save the dates, Minted can help you coordinate the rest of your wedding stationery to carry a corresponding theme. Match your wedding website, your invitations, and all of your day-of materials like signage, wedding programs, table numbers, and thank you cards for a premium and unified wedding look.