SOMETIMES THE BEST SURPRISES COME IN PETITE PACKAGES
What better way to set the tone and spark excitement for your wedding celebration than by sending beautiful save the dates? Minted's petite save the date cards capture the look of a traditional wedding correspondence but infuse it with fresh, new size dimensions.
Our petite card is 6” x 4.25” or 4.25” x 6” depending on whether you choose a portrait or landscape layout. This sizing is smaller than our classic card design, which is 5” x 7.” When comparing these two size options, the petite size is not only smaller but also a more affordable save the date option. Similar to our classic sizing, our petite cards offer all the same flexibility in design options. Choose to have a flat card or fold-over card, adjust the cut of the edges, and customize the back or interior of the card. This extra personalization allows you to include as many wedding details on your card as you would like.
AFFORDABLE SAVE THE DATE OPTIONS
These custom styled cards are available in sets of 25, 35, 45, and so on. A collection of 100 petite save the dates start at $135 ($1.35 each). In comparison, our classic (regular-sized) cards start at $154 for a set of 100 ($1.54 each). Below we have outlined additional ways you can save with this affordable format.
- Don’t pay for extra cards: Because we allow you to order cards in increments of 10, you won’t have to deal with paying for excess cards you won’t be using.
- Free envelopes: Your order includes free white envelopes for each mailer. If you want to upgrade to colored envelopes there will be a nominal charge.
- Free recipient addressing: Save time and money by letting Minted professionally print your guest’s mailing address on each envelope.
- Paper quality: Minted offers six different paper options. Our signature and smooth signature options are included in the base pricing.
MINTED DESIGN OPTIONS
Photo vs Non-Photo: Decide if you want to feature an engagement photo or not. Our collection of design offerings can be quickly filtered based on the number of images you would like to include. If you would rather showcase a more formal card and substitute the use of a personal image with the use of important text highlighting dates and locations, we have hundreds of great non-photo options. These non-photo cards feature creative design elements highlighting unique patterns, abstract uses of shapes, beautiful scenes from nature, colorful flowers, and more.
Card Format: What format will your initial wedding correspondence take? You could opt to have a traditional flat card, which has both a front and back that can be customized. A second option is to customize a fold-over card that is blank on the inside, so you can hand-write personalized messages to each guest. A third and final option is a fold-over card that has your messaging printed inside.
Finalize a Style or Theme: With hundreds and hundreds of designs to select from, and more designs being added regularly, it can sometimes be challenging to land on a final look. Use our helpful filters to only display designs in a certain style like botanical, rustic, or simple and minimalist. Of course, the color options and font styling will reflect the themes you choose. We also have great design recommendations for various wedding themes such as a destination wedding, a big city wedding, or a beach wedding. Discover how our designs play to certain hand-drawn imagery and design techniques to accurately capture the wedding look you are aiming to achieve.
Pick a Paper: We are proud to have a partnership with the papermakers at Mohawk, who have been milling paper in the United States for close to a century. We offer six exclusive paper types to select from when having your save the date cards printed. They include:
- Smooth Signature - This paper type aligns well with designs featuring personal photography. It is a double-sided stock paper with a flat front and creamy cotton on the back.
- Signature - The signature look has been a timeless classic of Minted since our early years. It comes across as an off-white color with that same cotton texture on the back of our Smooth Signature paper. It is slightly thicker than the Smooth Signature style.
- Recycled - For the eco-conscious, this option is sourced from 100% post-consumer waste that goes through a wind-powered manufacturing process. The paper is the same thickness as the Smooth Signature but comes with a smooth matte finish.
- Pearlescent - This paper selection offers a subtle and classy shimmer effect to the card. It slightly resembles the appearance that your design was printed on shiny metal. This paper is the least thick of all five options.
- DoubleThick - It is precisely that. The textured cotton finish and two layers of thickness give this cardstock a sturdy feel.
- TripleThickTM - If two layers of thickness yield a luxurious look and feel, imagine what three layers can do!
WE WANT TO HELP
Minted offers a wide range of services to make the wedding planning experience as seamless as possible. If you are unsure of what stationery design you want, our website provides plenty of filters to help you narrow down the format, theme, style, color, and more. As you finalize your design, we can help you match that design with future wedding invitations, signage, and decor for a seamless wedding theme.
If you are the kind of shopper that likes to touch and feel a product before making a final purchase, we totally get it! Flag a collection of your favorite designs on our site in the color combination you prefer and we will mail you some free samples to review. We want you to feel confident with the final wedding correspondence you send.
Need help addressing your envelopes? Take advantage of our free recipient address labeling service. Our customers have the option to upload their digital address books manually or use our new address collection tool to provide Minted with all their wedding guest’s mailing addresses. Then select a styling you would like the addresses printed in, and we will professionally print them on each envelope.
For those of you that manage your lives from your mobile phone, consider experimenting with our Text Us Your Photo feature. Simply text Minted your wedding details and personal photo to 415-915-CARD (2273) and let our professional design associates create a digital proof for you. Your save the date designs will be waiting in your account for you to review. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
IMPORTANT DETAILS TO INCLUDE ON YOUR CARD
Just because your design is petite doesn’t mean it doesn’t have space for all the essential details. First and foremost, your card should state your full name and your fiance’s full name. Next, include the wedding date. There are plenty of different design techniques on how to display the wedding date, such as spelling out the month, day, and year in full, or simply using numbers to abbreviate all. Obviously, the couple’s names and wedding date are the two must-haves if opting for simple save the dates. Below are some other pieces of information you should consider including.
- Location: The location can be especially important if you are hosting a destination wedding. Something else to consider including is information about lodging or a specific hotel, if the hotel has blocked off a row of rooms for your guests.
- Wedding Website URL: A wedding website is an excellent way for guests to get to know the couple better and learn about the story of how they met. It is a place to browse engagement photos and see where the couple has gift registries. Your miniature save the date can also direct guests to the website for ongoing updates about the wedding. Minted offers a free service to help couples create a professional-looking website.
- Reference the Wedding Invite: At the bottom of your mailer, you should include a sentence such as the following, “A Formal Invitation to Follow.” This line informs the guests that more details will come, and it also lets guests know to keep an eye out for an invitation in the mail. The formal invitation would include the set date, location, and time, as well as a place for guests to RSVP a headcount and select their meal choice preference if applicable.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ETIQUETTE
Whose name goes first on the card? For a heterosexual couple, the bride’s name goes first on the save the date followed by the groom’s. For a same-sex couple, options include alphabetical order, which combination sounds better aloud, or what looks best incorporated into your design.
How do I address the envelopes? When addressing the envelopes to guests, there are a few different ways to approach it. If mailing to an individual guest, include their title (i.e., Miss, Mrs. Mr.) followed by their last name. If your notice is intended for an entire household, consider including multiple names or something like “The Smith Family”. Your future wedding invitations will spell out in detail all guests that are invited and if plus ones are allowed.
How far in advance do you send out save the date cards? It is typical to send notices 4 - 6 months in advance if the wedding is local for most of the guests. However, if you have a destination wedding, anywhere between 8 - 12 months in advance is appropriate. You want to give your guests enough time to find flights and accommodations.
How long do Minted’s designs take to ship? Standard shipping is 6-9 business days. Of course, if you would like to add rush shipping on to your order that can be arranged.