FIND YOUR PERFECT WEDDING INVITATION SUITE
Fall in love with the entire wedding suite, including invitations, RSVP cards, enclosure cards, and thank you cards. Easily view every stationery element of a pre-arranged wedding invitation suite with our “shop by suite” option. Understand that each item must be purchased separately. As you consider the look of your wedding correspondence package, consider ordering an entire suite in one design, or mix and match stationery from multiple design sets for a unique, complementary look. Choose from recommended designs based on your wedding theme, the venue you will be hosting at, or your wedding color palette.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT STATIONERY COMPONENTS TO INCLUDE?
We understand that wedding planning can be a handful. That is why wedding planners exist! Sending a formal wedding invitation can also have its unique challenges and nuances. Below we have outlined the traditional components of a formal wedding invitation suite.
- Wedding invitations: The main component of your suite, the wedding invitation will set the tone for your entire correspondence and be the first glimpse your guests receive into what your wedding day will look like. Select from our assortment of designs sourced from our community of independent artists. Make a statement with a bold, modern floral design or convey timelessness with an elegant, scripted design. Invitations are traditionally sized at 5” x 7” and should be enclosed in envelopes. Curious about alternative invitation formats that are available? Minted also offers petite, fold-over four-panel, and all-in-one invitations.
- RSVP cards: In addition to your invitation, you’ll want to include an RSVP card so guests can let you know if they will be attending your reception. Additional information to feature on the card includes meal selection details, a line for guests to write any food allergies, and also if the guest will be bringing a partner. Choose to have your RSVP cards accompanied by a return envelope pre-addressed with your return address or forgo the envelope and opt for a streamlined postcard version. Both of these stationery formats are sized at 4.25” x 5.5”, slightly smaller than the formal invitations.
- Insert cards: Have additional information to share with your guests that can’t fit on your invitation? Opt to include an insert card to share all the necessary details of your wedding day or weekend. Utilize these cards to provide directions, reception details, lodging suggestions, an itinerary of weekend events, your wedding website, or recommended activities in the area if you’re hosting a destination wedding. These cards are sized similarly to our RSVP cards at 4.25" x 5.5". As you are personalizing the design, feel free to leave notes in the “Design Requests” box of our online editing tool to have a Minted Designer make any changes or necessary updates to your insert cards. We understand that there are many different use cases for an insert card, and we want to make sure that all your desired details are shared effectively.
- Belly bands: Keep all the elements of your wedding invitation suite orderly and neat as they are transported through the mail to your guests. Our belly bands, sized 12.3125" x 2", will wrap snugly around the various articles of your wedding suite, keeping your correspondence in order. Select a belly band that perfectly matches your overall look.
WHAT ORDER SHOULD THE WEDDING STATIONERY PACKAGE BE ASSEMBLED?
When you are ready to assemble your suites and get them in the mail, a good rule of thumb is to organize the stationery pieces by size. All cards should face up and the invitation should be placed on the bottom of the stack. Next, you can place a piece of tissue or vellum on top of the invitation if you prefer, otherwise, you can place the reception card followed by any remaining enclosure cards. The RSVP card and its envelope should be placed on top and the suite is ready for the belly band to lock everything in place.
When assembling your wedding stationery, there are a few ways to elevate the appearance even further. You can use a luxe ribbon in place of the belly band to hold all the materials together. This will add a personal feel to each package, as your recipients will imagine you hand-tying their invitation bundle. Apply wax seals on the outside of the envelope to make it stand out and impress your guests. We have seals that can feature initials, symbols, or celebratory words. Order them in a variety of stunning color options.
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR A MATCHING THEME
A uniform look can send a powerful message to your wedding guests. Show them your unique sense of taste and style through additional products and services provided by Minted. Below are a few examples:
- Corresponding wedding website: Accompany your invitations with a Minted wedding website designed to match the design elements highlighted on your card. Edit details of your personal website to include important travel information, showcase engagement imagery, collect guest responses, and provide updates for your guests as your wedding day approaches. Set up a free website with our easy-to-use tools, or pay a little extra and upgrade to a premium site with your own unique URL.
- Themed thank you cards: After your wedding day, you’ll want to thank your guests for attending and let them know how much you appreciated any gift you may have received. Get ahead on the planning and order your thank you cards along with your invitation suite to ensure you have a cohesive look end to end. Guests will be happily reminded of your beautiful wedding day when they receive a note of gratitude in the mail.
- Utilize free recipient addressing: Take advantage of our complimentary recipient addressing service to save yourself time when it comes to mailing out your invitations. Just upload a list of addresses to your Minted Address Assistant and your guest’s names and their addresses will be printed on each envelope in your order, ready to be assembled and mailed out once they arrive. The addresses can be printed in a styling that matches the look of your stationery bundle or you can select from many script font styles for a classic handwritten look.
PERSONALIZE YOUR WEDDING STATIONERY WITH EASE
No matter if you are hosting a rustic, vintage, classic, or beach wedding, you’re sure to find a wedding invitation style that will capture your theme. As you sort through our collection of designs, understand that you will be able to add your personal touches to complete the look. Take a look at some of the editable features you can manipulate.
- Pick a color scheme: Find a design you like, but the colors are not exactly as you imagined? Not to worry! During the personalization process, you can customize the color palette of the stationery items in your wedding suite. Select from one of our recommended color pairings or add in your own specific color request for an exact match to your wedding colors. Along with changing colors in the card design, you can also personalize your envelope colors to complete the look.
- Manipulate the text: All of our designs appear with the default font selected by the artists who created the design. During personalization, you can make any changes you want to the font, including the style, size, and placement. Having trouble making the changes directly in the template? Leave a note for our team of design associates detailing the changes you’d like made and they will incorporate them for you during the proofing process. If you’re looking for additional flair, we offer the option of adding foil text to most all our cards. Highlight the wedding date or the couple’s names in flashy gold font!
- Select a paper type: We offer five paper types for you to choose from, which can all create a different look and feel. Options differ based on thickness, texture, finish (glossy or matte), and material used. For the eco-conscious, we even have a cardstock made from 100% post-consumer waste.
In addition to the hundreds of unique designs created by independent artists across the globe, our Minted designers are happy to work with you to create completely custom designs as well. We can help create a custom wedding invitation suite that features a specially-made map, highlights particular passions, or celebrates certain landmarks.
UNDERSTANDING THE SOURCE OF OUR UNIQUE DESIGNS
At Minted we source all of our designs from independent artists around the world through ongoing design challenges. Design challenges are open for anyone to enter and the Minted community votes on the top designs, ultimately deciding what will be sold onsite. Every purchase made on Minted supports a local artist through the commission they earn on the sale.