WHY CHOOSE FOIL-PRESSED WEDDING INVITATIONS?
Centuries ago, only the finest and most important documents were adorned with gold foil. Think religious scripts, books of genealogy, and important accounts of history. Wouldn’t you agree that your wedding day is one of the most important and meaningful events specific to you? Let your wedding stationery reflect this importance by mailing out stunning foil wedding invitations.
Our invites have an added metallic finish that was hand-pressed into the paper using an antique printing method. This printing technique allows us to add as little or as much shine to your wedding invitations as desired and is guaranteed to illuminate your wedding correspondence. If you’re looking to enhance the look and feel of your wedding, foil-stamped wedding invitations were made for you! Select from foil colors such as gold, silver, bronze, and other colors you won’t find offered anywhere else.
ORDERING A SAMPLE
Whether you are torn between a few designs or you have found the one you love, you can always choose to order free invitation samples in your choice of designs. For each foil stamped wedding invitation you'd like to sample, you will receive a copy in the default color option and paper type that Minted offers. This will allow you to see your favorite designs up close. Although the samples will not feature personalized text, you will be able to see and feel your invitation suite before you decide to place a final order. We want to make sure you are as confident in our design and quality as we are!
OUR ADDED LUXURIOUS TOUCHES
At Minted, we believe that every wedding invitation should be as unique as the love shared between the wedding couple. That is why we offer many ways to customize and personalize your wedding invitations! From changing the wording of your invite to adding intricate artistic foil elements like flower petals or stardust, you are meant to find a design that will get both you and your guests excited for the big day.
Take a look at some of the design elements that can be manipulated on your foil pressed wedding invitations using our easy-to-use tools.
- Foil color: Choose to have your invitation design printed in our beautiful selection of foil colors. Create a memorable gold foil, silver foil, ice blue foil, black foil, bronze foil, or rose gold foil wedding invitation. Our glittery gold and glittery silver options create a shimmer that is impossible to miss.
- Additional foil: As they say, “the more, the merrier”. Choose to have all text on your card printed in metallic foil by simply checking the “add custom foil” checkbox during the design customization steps. This option will also allow you to add extra text details like the venue name, date, or wedding couples names in glowing foil font.
- Wording: Adjust the wording on your invitation to match your tone and voice. Change the font size, colors, style, alignment, position, and much more.
- Design color: Toggle through unique color options and see your card updated immediately. Many of our designs even give you the option to select a “custom color”. Choose from our color recommendations or provide specific Pantone or CMYK colors and your dedicated Minted designer will provide unlimited rounds of design edits until we achieve the color combination you envisioned.
- Iridescent pearl gloss-press™: For a more subtle shine, we have introduced our pearl gloss-press™ option. Design elements featuring this printing technique will shine like a wet pearl or abalone shell. Watch as small rainbow hues are formed as light is reflected off the gloss.
- Backer options: The back of your wedding invitation is a great place to display some of your engagement photos, tell the story of how you met, feature additional information about your wedding day, or choose a pattern that will complement your overall design. We provide more than 15 templates that you can tweak with your own ideas and information.
- Envelopes options: Your envelope will be the first thing guests see when they open their mailbox. Like wrapping paper, your envelope will set the expectation for your wedding invitations. Make sure to select a color that sparks joy and ultimately has your recipient opening your envelope before all others. Go the extra mile by using our free recipient address-printing option.
- Free recipient addressing: Let Minted print all your recipient’s addresses on the envelopes for you. We will even let you pick the styling that you would like us to use. Select from a style that compliments your invitation design, or pick from dozens of other options.
- Foil liner inserts: Envelopes have never looked better! Add a foil liner inside your envelopes for a bonus touch of elegance that will give a memorable first impression as your guests open their invitation.
- Silhouette shape: Choose from many card silhouette shape options for an invitation with rounded corners, straight corners, scalloped edges, and other classy variations of cut borders.
- Foil-pressed belly band: Keep the invitation and enclosure cards together by securely wrapping them in a belly band. Minted's belly bands are designed to perfectly match your wedding invitation suite. Feature the wedding couples’ names, initials, or themed imagery across the belly band.
- Matching RSVP cards and enclosures: Once you've chosen your wedding stationery theme, you may want to supplement your invitation with enclosure cards printed with additional wedding details. These additional enclosures typically include RSVP cards, reception cards, accommodations and transportation cards, and even activities cards. Select foil-stamped enclosure cards that match your invitation, so all of your wedding stationery will look cohesively stunning from start to finish.
WHAT PAPER SHOULD I CHOOSE FOR MY FOIL INVITATION?
Because we work with veteran printers who have mastered their craft, all our paper types are luxurious and smooth to the touch. Regardless of your choice, your wedding invitation is guaranteed to look and feel beautiful. Take a look at our paper selections:
- Signature: A thick and luxurious paper crafted exclusively for Minted by the papermakers at Mohawk. It is the perfect all-around paper.
- Pearlescent: Add a subtle shimmer finish and a soft glow to your photographs.
- Recycled: A beautiful and environmentally-friendly option that was manufactured using wind power and is made using 100% post-consumer waste.
- Doublethick: An extra thick, luxurious paper with a rich creamy cotton texture.
- Luxe Museum Board: Crafted from three layers of paper to create a cardstock so luxuriously thick that it is basically unbendable.
If you love your newly-created gold foil wedding invitations and are curious about how Minted can be more involved with additional wedding stationery, we have you covered! You can now shop for day-of-decor like menus or place cards, signage, and foil-pressed wedding thank you cards that will perfectly complement your invites.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is included in a wedding invitation suite? A wedding stationery suite typically includes some or all of the following: outer envelope, wedding invitation, RSVP card with envelope, direction card, reception card, activity card, information card, and thank you card. For additional helpful information, read through our post on how to assemble your complete invitation suite.
What information should I include on my foil wedding invitations? Be sure to include the date, time, and location of the wedding and reception, as well as the bridal couple’s names. If it applies, you might also want to mention who is hosting the wedding and what the dress code is. You should also add the link to your wedding website as well as other useful information about your wedding day. The back of your invitation can be a great place for that! And if you decide to add a foil-pressed RSVP card, make sure it is self-addressed and comes with a stamped envelope.
When should wedding invitations be mailed out? Most people mail their invitations out 6-8 weeks before the wedding. But if you’re expecting a lot of out of town guests or are planning a destination wedding, you may want to mail them out even earlier so your guests have time to make travel arrangements.
Do you put last names on wedding invitations? It is common to include the first and last names of the couple. But if you prefer not to, that’s totally fine too! Remember to create a design that reflects who you are and what makes you both happy.
Have additional questions? We have a full guide to wedding invitation etiquette available for you to read. We are happy to help in any way we can.