WOW THEM WITH CLASS WITH OUR VELLUM WEDDING INVITATIONS
Minted’s vellum overlays are the perfect accessory for adding a personal touch of luxury to your wedding invitations. Translucent vellum overlays create a rich layer of dimension to your invitation’s design. The combination of a translucent element layered on top of a colorful cardstock can be personalized in a multitude of artistic ways to bring together a luxe mailer perfect for your special occasion. Minted has a wide assortment of vellum wedding invitations that can complement any wedding theme or color arrangement. Whether you would like to include an image of you and your fiance or feature a sweet message to guests, our translucent wedding invitations can be customized to match your vision.
UNDERSTANDING VELLUM. WHAT IS IT?
A vellum overlay is a smooth translucent paper used to create a luxurious layered look when paired with fine stationery. Vellum paper has a rich history that goes back to the beginning of the paper itself. “Vellum” originally referred to a high-quality parchment paper made out of calfskin that had been stretched and treated on a wooden frame. Modern vellum made today is not made from animals. Instead, it is machine-made from plasticized cotton or cellulose fibers from plants and trees. Existing in a variety of colors, weights, textures, brands, and levels of transparency, this translucent paper is smooth to the touch and feels almost like plastic.
From its ethereal surface to its translucent glacial appearance, there are many reasons to use vellum paper overlays in combination with your wedding invitations. Besides carrying a rich history, Minted’s vellum is a great choice because it is environmentally friendly. When our vellum paper is made, its natural cellulose fibers are not tightly knit and consequently trap air. Later, the air is pressed out, creating the translucent quality vellum is famous for. This process makes our paper 100% recyclable, as opposed to the brittle, chemically-treated vellum alternative. As you can see, this see-through paper option is a perfect choice to achieve the translucent wedding invitation look you’ve been dreaming of because of its refined beauty, deep historical contexts, and eco-friendliness.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE?
An order simply secures the vellum overlay portion of your invitation. To complete your vellum paper invitation wedding look, you must purchase the actual underlying cardstock wedding invitation separately. The transparent overlays are sized at 7” x 5” and can be ordered as landscape or portrait orientation. You can choose to have a more textual design or an image-focused overlay. The standard minimum order size is 25 overlays. You can increase your order size in increments of 10 depending on your guest list size. Orders of 25 overlays start at $61 dollars, which comes to $2.44 each. As your order quantity increases, the price of each vellum overlay typically decreases. While this is the standard order quantity and pricing, certain pricing and order size increments may vary per design.
LOOKS & OPTIONS FOR COMBINING A SEE-THROUGH OVERLAY
Minted offers a variety of unique design options for executing your translucent card pairing that will suit any wedding style. Here are some design inspiration ideas and tips to help you get the most out of your vellum paper wedding invitations.
- Textual Overlay: When you need a little more room to relay key details (whether that’s important information or a sweet note to guests), text overlays can do the job. They can frame or enhance a more visual card design that lays underneath. This doesn’t mean featuring big block paragraphs that dilute the imagery behind, but rather thoughtfully layering in key information like dates, names, locations, a sweet note to guests, or even your personalized wedding monogram.
- Image-Heavy Overlay: If you have a favorite photo from your engagement shootthat you have been eager to use or are looking to balance a text-heavy invitation card design with more visual detail, an image-heavy translucent overlay could be the perfect addition.
- Text-on-Text Overlay: Looking to achieve a modern or bold design that plays up the art of typography? Explore a text-on-text translucent overlay for a vellum wedding invitation that is truly three dimensional. Some creative ideas include using a combination of different font stylings and colors between the layers or even highlighting invitation details that can only be deciphered when the two layers are combined.
- Completely Custom: If you don’t see an overlay design that you love, partner with your dedicated Minted design associate to create unique translucent wedding invitations from start to finish.
No matter which design concept you choose, the vellum addition will add an artistic and luxe dimension to your invitations that your guests will love.
PERSONALIZE YOUR INVITATIONS FOR A ONE-OF-KIND LOOK
Whether you're planning to host a rustic wedding, vintage wedding, beach wedding, or anything in between, Minted has an impressive collection of wedding invitations that speak to each theme. Once you find an invitation design that catches your eye, it’s time to start making it your own. Each design on our site is fully customizable, from the font styles and color arrangements to the photography showcased and cardstock it is printed on. Below is a list of some of the design elements that can be personalized through our easy-to-use online tools.
- Edit Text: Easily change font styling, colors, sizing, and placement with the click of the button. Drag text boxes to appear in specific areas of the vellum or invitation design so when the two layers are combined the final look is easy to read and digest.
- Adjust Color Arrangements: Transform the complete feel of an invitation by simply adjusting the colors used. Toggle through various color arrangements to see which pairing speaks to you.
- Add Imagery: Whether adding imagery to your translucent overlay or invitation, we make the process easy for you to complete. When editing your invitation, choose from templates that feature a collection of artistic photo arrangements for both the front and back of the card.
- Feature Foil Elements: Looking for a truly unique, translucent layered finish? While you can’t add metallic foil elements to the overlay layer, they can definitely shine through when printed on the invitation layer! Consider enhancing text or design elements on your invite with luxe colors of metallic foil, including gold, silver, rose gold, ice blue, black, and bronze.
- Select Paper Quality: Your design is only as beautiful as the paper it’s printed on. A haven for paper connoisseurs, we print our designs on the thickest, most luxurious stocks. We present you with six luxe paper options to choose from.
LAYER IN FINISHING TOUCHES
Elevate your vellum paper wedding invitation with enhanced special touches to inspire every guest to RSVP "yes". Execute design perfection on the envelope with a few of the below options provided by Minted.
- Colored Envelopes: Our envelopes are available in at least 10 color options that range from your classic and elegant white to romantic options like aubergine and antique rose. Impress your guests with a piece of mail that brightens their mailbox.
- Styled Recipient Addressing: As an added bonus, we offer FREE recipient address printing for your wedding invitation envelopes. Choose from stylings that include artistic elements that match the design of your invite or simply choose from classic all-text stylings in a variety of fonts. To save you time in collecting all your guest’s current contact info, leverage Minted’s free digital address collection cards to request and organize your intended recipients’ addresses. Another option is to dive into your Minted account and look for an “address assistant” option to start collecting your guest’s addresses. All we require is a contact’s email address and we will trigger a message composed by you to be sent to them that will collect and organize their home address.
- Custom Stamps: Add custom postage stamps in a variety of unique designs to complement your invites. Personalize with a photo, monogram, or message to complete your vellum wedding invitations with the perfect finishing touch.
- Wax Seals & Stickers: Just like the use of vellum in correspondence is associated with prestige, so too is the prevalence of custom wax seals. Consider adding this adhesive envelope sealer in a range of colors and designs.