UNIQUE LIMITED-EDITION ART DRAWINGS
What is the difference between a sketch and a drawing you may ask? Both artistic in nature, a sketch tends to be more unfinished, impulsive, and quick. A drawing on the other hand would be a more finalized work of art that may have had revisions or additions added to it for a more polished and put-together presentation. There is beauty in both techniques and whether you like sketch art, black and white drawings, or intricate hand-drawn artwork showcasing impressive attention to detail, we have a collection of more than 450 limited-edition art drawings that can be framed or printed on canvas to enhance any room’s decor.
Sort through our assortment of sketch art prints depicting the human form, geometric patterns, architectural wonders, and so much more. No matter your unique style, you are bound to draw inspiration from our diverse collection of wall art. Enjoy the freedom of printing your favorite Minted art drawing in the size that works best for your wall space. We offer over a dozen print sizes to select from and even more handmade framing options!
ABOUT OUR SKETCH ARTISTS
Minted’s artist community is made up of thousands of independent artists that live all across the planet. What keeps our collection of artwork so unique is the diversity in skillset, training, and inspiration that our artists possess. A college-trained seasoned artist living in Montreal will create something much different than a young self-taught artist living in Malaysia. It is this broad community that Minted is able to tap into that yields the beautiful designs you find on our site.
Throughout the year, Minted will host online design challenges open to all artists near and far to enter. Once the submission window closes, the public helps vote for their favorite sketches and pencil drawings. These winning designs are then sold on Minted to our wide audience of art enthusiasts that appreciate one-of-a-kind looks. For each piece of artwork sold, a commission is triggered back to the contributing artists.
When your sketch art arrives in the mail, it will include a certificate of authenticity, alerting you of the print number you have ordered of the 350 in total that will be printed in your size and colorway. You will also receive a note from the artist, providing insight into the face and personality behind the artwork you have purchased. While shopping on our site you can also choose to learn more about the artists behind each of the art sketches by clicking through to their online store. View more work by the same artists, view pictures of the studio where the art is created, and read excerpts from the artists themselves!
SO MANY SUBJECT MATTERS, STYLES & COLOR OPTIONS TO SHOP
No matter if you are looking to decorate an office space or spare bedroom, we are confident you will find the perfect art drawings on Minted. Use the search filters at the top of this page to narrow down designs based on size, color, and style. Below we have highlighted some popular subject matters and styles found in our sketch art collection.
- Human figure drawings: Sort through sketches and drawings of the human figure. This could include the gentle contours of a woman’s profile, the muscular definition in a man’s back, or close-up representations of a particular body part like a hand, finger, or mouth.
- Animal drawings: For the animal lovers out there, take a look through hand-drawn artwork depicting birds, dogs, lions, and horses. Marvel at how some artists simply use a few lines to silhouette the shape of an animal, while others use an infinite amount of pencil strokes to create a life-like photograph.
- Nature drawings: Bring the natural beauty found in Mother Nature onto the walls of your home decor. Images of wildflowers, ocean waves, mountain ridges, and tree limbs take on a simple charm when celebrated through black and white drawings. Some sketches combine splashes of color for a more enhanced look.
- Architectural drawings: For those that appreciate creative stonework, intricate arrangements of steel and iron, or graceful carpentry, you will surely enjoy artist renderings of bridges, European landmarks, building facades, and spiral staircases. Artwork in this subject matter is great for the home office or study.
- Abstract drawings: A seemingly haphazard collection of scribbles and shapes can take on beautiful forms through abstract works of art. Let your mind drift as you get lost staring at some of the artistic drawings in this styling.
- Typography: Celebrate the art of words, letters, and font styling all created by hand. Many centuries ago, in numerous cultures around the world, calligraphy was celebrated as an impressive practice and artform. Explore how the art form has evolved in modern times in our full collection of typography art.
- Geometric drawings: Einstein and Newton would appreciate the hand-sketched geometric patterns created when triangles, squares, and lines are arranged through creative alignments. Some of these art designs might be a great gift idea for that mathematician or scientist in your life.
Most of our collection of sketch art is printed in black and white, which subtly and purposely focuses the attention on the skill one must possess with only the stroke of a pencil on paper. Renowned 13th Century artist Giotto di Bondone was once asked to prove his artistic ability. He grabbed a blank canvas and drew a perfect circle freehand. Artistic ability at its purest form is hard to miss and a joy to witness.
PIECE TOGETHER YOUR ARTWORK’S PRESENTATION
Once you find the artwork you would like to purchase, it’s time to select how you would like it printed and arranged. Below are some of the fishing options you can choose from.
- Print style: Choose to have your piece printed on artistic-grade paper or smooth and durable canvas. Let your style and the room you wish to enhance dictate the print style you select. For those that appreciate the canvas look, we encourage you to review our curated collection of art on canvas.
- Print size: Every room presents different challenges when it comes to selecting the perfect wall art sizing. Perhaps you wish to find wall decor that will align with a window, sit above a fireplace, or fit alongside a door frame. With Minted, we allow you to order your desired print in a range of sizes starting at 5” x 7” and growing to an impressive 44” x 60”. Adequately cover the wall space you desire with the framed drawing you desire.
- Frame style: Lean on Minted to help professionally frame your piece for a stylish and sophisticated look. We believe your frame should match the beauty and originality of the artwork it surrounds, which is why we provide more than a dozen hand-crafted framing options to choose from. Unusual materials such as authentic repurposed barn wood and beautiful mango wood are used to construct each frame by hand. You can even select from different patterns and colorings of our frames. No two frames are alike!
- Border and matting: If choosing to frame your artwork, it’s important to realize there are different layout options. Have your drawing run to the edges of the frame in a full-bleed production, or add in a classic white border or matting effect.
COMPLEMENT YOUR SKETCH ART
Looking for another wall art styling to complement your new framed drawing? Minted has a wide range of styles to select from such as map art, photography art, kids art, nursery art, teen art, and so much more! Add some color to your wall with beautiful watercolor paintings. Celebrate an anniversary, wedding, or special family memory with personalized photo art or a heart-shaped photo collage. Create a stunning gallery wall by mixing and matching numerous design styles into one impressive presentation.
We even have a team of art stylists here at Minted that can help you select black and white drawings and other wall art that will work perfectly for your exact wall. Simply text a picture of your wall to Minted, answer a few questions, and our team will get to work scouring our site for the designs that make the most sense for you. Art styling made easy!