BEAUTIFUL AND AFFORDABLE WEDDING INVITATIONS
There are so many fun and meaningful decisions you get to make when planning your wedding. Set the right tone for your wedding with beautiful and affordable wedding invitations from Minted. We have thousands of invitations designed by independent artists that can be fully customized to the exact look and feel you are trying to achieve. If you want a fun way to start thinking of your wedding look and feel, take our quiz!
Our collection of small wedding invitations, which we call “petite”, are sized at 4.5” x 6” (oriented either landscape or portrait). This petite sizing is a cost-effective route to go compared to our traditional 5” x 7” sized wedding invitations. Starting at only $200 for 100 cards, you will save $34 compared to the larger sized invitations which start at $234 for 100 cards. There may be other options when you are looking for affordable wedding invitations, but Minted’s assortment of unique designs created by independent artists paired with our luxurious customization options separate us from the pack. Want your name highlighted in gold foil? Done. Want to transform a design into a custom color? Easy. Double-thick paper or rounded corners? We allow you to complete all these requests at the touch of a button.
MORE WAYS TO SAVE WITH OUR PETITE OFFERING
When you purchase wedding invitations from Minted, you’ll find that there are many additional ways to save money, without sacrificing style or convenience.
To start, as you are exploring our assortment of design options and styles, feel free to order samples of the exact designs you like. We offer our customers $10 in sample credit to use on any of our stationery items. You can also request our free sample kit. In this sample kit, you’ll receive multiple wedding invitation samples, different paper type samples, swatches of our eleven different envelope colors, swatches of all ten foil color options (more than anywhere else), and some of our beautiful font examples. These all come in an elegant blush-colored box that you could have fun decorating and repurposing for your own organizing needs.
One of the best things that Minted offers is free envelopes, free recipient address printing, and a free fully matching or coordinating design on the envelope. Easily carry the elegance of your card’s design out onto the envelope that encloses it. Use Minted’s free digital address collection card to easily collect addresses from your wedding guests.
There are so many different envelope styles to choose from to perfectly complement your wedding invitation. With a beautiful design and professionally printed addresses, that very first impression your guest’s form about your wedding will be perfect! As you begin to customize your card design you will see that we provide a recommended addressing look that complements your selections. Choose to go with that complimentary addressing look or select from dozens of other luxe designs.
Another completely free offering from Minted is our wedding website service. Every single one of our wedding invitations comes with a matching website design, so your complete design vision will be felt from start to finish by your guests. Can you envision your guests receiving their wedding invitation and then going to your custom wedding website with a matching theme to see more pictures, check your registry, and learn more about your love story? Pretty smooth right!
Planning a wedding may be stressful at times, but with Minted it truly does not have to be, and you’ll never sacrifice affordability, design, or quality. With all of the free features that Minted includes with the purchase of our petite wedding invitations, we truly believe you will find our offering worth every penny!
THE UNIQUENESS BEHIND A MINTED DESIGN
The heart of Minted’s product designs rests with our community of independent artists. Minted currently sells products with designs from over 10,000 artists that reside in over 100 countries. With every purchase a customer makes, a portion of that sale goes to the contributing artist. We understand that there are people all over the world who have creative passions. For this reason, we host a handful of design challenges on our website each month and encourage anyone to submit their designs. These challenges detail what Minted is looking for, be it designs for a save the date card, a wedding invitation, or a holiday card. Once all the designs are collected, everyone is invited and encouraged to vote on their favorite designs. The top-voted designs are then sold and marketed on our site. Additional designs are also selected by the Minted team to ensure that Minted continues to have a wide range of designs to serve all our customer’s diverse tastes.
Use our website filters to browse through designs targeted toward a modern, classic and formal, simple and minimalist, botanical, rustic, vintage, bold and typographical, painterly, illustrative, preppy, or bohemian theme. In addition to various styles, Minted has affordable invitations that can suit any venue location from a beach to mountains, a hotel ballroom to a museum, a country barn to an urban rooftop. No matter what the season, spring, summer, fall, or winter, a Minted invitation can be customized to the perfect colors to suit the time of year and feeling you want your invitation to have. Because we have hundreds of artists submitting their design visions regularly, Minted if fortunate to offer our customers the best, most trend-forward, and diverse collection of designs on the internet.
CUSTOMIZE THE DETAILS OF YOUR PETITE WEDDING INVITATIONS
Earlier we mentioned that personalizing and customizing your design at Minted is easy and fast to do. Instantly see your changes updated through our digital customizer tool. If you have any confusion or specific requests, feel free to place your comments in the ‘design requests’ field or email Minted customer service. A dedicated Minted design associate will work with you to complete your desired design request. Let’s review the many different ways you’ll be able to personalize your wedding stationery:
- Start with style: Of course the first step is finding an invitation design you absolutely love. The fastest way to do this is to filter through the style options on the main wedding invitation page. You will notice we have plenty of looks to choose from!
- Next comes color: Every petite wedding invitation design you see will be shown to you in a handful of different artist-envisioned color combinations. While these color combinations were hand-selected by artists, you can still opt to completely alter any color you see and make it your own. Want your invitation to match exactly with a bridesmaid dress, a flower, or a stunning backdrop at your venue? Simply provide a Minted design associate an exact color and they will alter the invitation to make it perfect.
- Copy and fonts: As you update copy to your own wedding details, why not also update the font? Perhaps you love a cursive look over a typographical treatment. Maybe you want a big bold font? Explore different font types, sizes, and placements.
- Shape your paper: Minted offers a few different shapes for your invitation. The most popular is rounded corners and this gives your paper a truly elegant finishing touch.
- Dazzle with foil: Over one hundred of our small petite-sized wedding invitations are designed with foil elements. These designs can be printed in gold, silver, rose gold, ice blue, black, copper, glittery gold, glittery silver, and two gloss-press colors of iridescent pearl and pure white!. You have the ability to choose whatever foil color you’d like to see on your design. If you happen to fall in love with a non-foil design, you can always select the ‘custom foil’ option which allows completely custom text (like your name or wedding date) to be printed in foil on any design.
- Don’t forget the back: The back of every card is also fully customizable. Select a matching design for front to back cohesion, or choose an all text backer to convey additional information to your guests. There are also photo backer options to share some of your stunning engagement pictures.
Lastly, if you would prefer to start with a blank canvas and design your invite from scratch, we encourage you to take advantage of our full customization service! Our wedding design services team can create a design for you based on the inspiration you provide us.
When should you send your wedding invitations? According to most wedding planners, you should be shopping for and ordering your wedding invitations 3 - 5 months in advance of your wedding date, so you can then mail those invitations 2 months before the date. If you have not mailed a physical save the date card to your guests to have them “hold” your wedding date, sending your wedding invitations 3 months in advance of your wedding is also acceptable. For other crucial wedding planning questions, Minted has put together an all-inclusive planning timeline that you may find helpful.
What important info should you include on your invites? Your wedding invitation is the main communication vehicle for all of the important things your guests will need to know about your wedding ceremony. Information should include:
- Who is hosting the wedding?
- What are you inviting guests to do?
- What are the names of the couple?
- When is the event?
- Where is the event?
- What time is the event?
- Are you allowing a plus one?
- Is there an event after the wedding ceremony?
- Is there a dress code? (optional to include)
For a full length break down, be sure to read through our post on invitation etiquette and wording.
We hope the above information was helpful as you plan your wedding and look for the perfect affordable wedding invitation options.