LET OIL AND ACRYLIC ART ELEVATE YOUR WALL DECOR
Transform the walls of your home to replicate the finest art galleries located around the world with Minted’s collection of oil paintings and acrylic prints. With over 500 original designs specially curated for you, this assortment ranges in style from portrait paintings to abstract arrangements. Choose to have your selection printed on canvas to really give it the custom, original look it deserves. After all, we only produce 350 prints per size and colorway, so you truly will be securing a limited edition masterpiece. If you find you’d like to go in a different design direction, Minted offers collections of watercolor art, sketch art, and abstract art prints as well.
UNDERSTANDING THE METHOD
Just what are oil and acrylic art, and what are the differences? Oil painting is a medium that uses color pigments suspended in drying oils, such as linseed oil, poppy seed oil, walnut oil, and safflower oil. The way in which tones are fused together and colors are achieved makes it unique among fluid painting mediums, making this technique perfect for linear and crisp effects, as well as textural variation. Famous oil painters include Vincent van Gogh and Leonardo da Vinci.
Acrylic painting, on the other hand, is a fast-drying paint that is made of a pigment suspended in acrylic polymer emulsion. They are water-soluble and can resemble a watercolor or oil painting once complete. Famous acrylic artists include Andy Warhol and Robert Motherwell. Minted artists are inspired by a wide variety of styles and mediums, but many have followed in the footsteps of famous oil and acrylic artists due to the versatility of the paints and unique adaptations of tried and true techniques.
CONSIDER OIL ON CANVAS TO MAKE A TRUE STATEMENT
When you select a painting through Minted, you can opt for a paper print or a canvas arrangement. It’s important to note that oil paintings are the perfect medium to display on a piece of stretched canvas. Oil paintings were originally created on canvas (as opposed to other art forms such as photography, watercolor art, and graphic art), so it is fitting to select this format to really give the painting the integrity and texture it deserves. Not to mention, it will give your artwork a handmade, one-of-a-kind feel. During the checkout process on our site, you can even select to order your print unframed or framed. Our canvas framing options include classic choices like natural raw wood and rich black wood. Or, you can opt for a specialty frame like premium walnut wood or premium hickory wood. Finding an oil painting for sale online doesn’t have to be an impersonal experience. With Minted’s collection, you have plenty of customization options to ensure your selection best fits your desired look.
FIND A SUBJECT MATTER FOR YOUR ARTWORK THAT CATCHES YOUR EYE
Everyone has their own sense of style and taste. It’s also important to note that every room in your house may warrant a different look and mood. Luckily, Minted’s collection of oil paintings and acrylic prints are so vast you’re sure to find a subject matter that is perfect for your space and taste. Use our search filters at the top of this page to narrow down your options. Before you do that, you may want to consider some of the themes below:
- Abstract: Abstract art can be a great conversation starter and gives you and the guests in your home the freedom to interpret the meaning. Our collection of abstract options include loose brush strokes, creative blocks of color, vague nods to mountains and florals, and black and white patterns that are both neat and symmetrical. Regardless of your desired color scheme, we are confident you will find a piece that complements your home decor.
- Landscape: If you’re looking to capture the beauty of Mother Nature, landscape art can be a great way to pay homage to natural scenery. A serene landscape of the Pacific seaside or a green cheery meadow is sure to bring happy and calm feelings to those who gaze upon it. Opt for a turbulent sky or dark forest and consider the depths and smells in that space. And, if you’re looking for something seasonal, our collection of independent artists have created designs that depict spring, summer, winter, fall to match whatever decor you may be refreshing to celebrate the changing seasons.
- Floral and Botanical: As you choose your wall decor, consider parts of your home that may need an uplifting and bright addition. Our floral and botanical works include abstract flower bouquets, cascading arrangements of delicate orchids, vases full of roses, lone plants potted, and so much more. When it comes to floral and botanical art, some are abstract and loose, while others are more accurate in the form. You can peruse and decide what best fits your desired look.
- Animals and Wildlife: For the animal lover and outdoor enthusiast, we have got you covered too! From farm animals like chickens to penguins, bucks, fish, and quail, there is no shortage of wildlife to choose from.
- Seasons and Weather: Celebrating the seasons and dramatic weather patterns is a creative way to shine the light on the mysteries of our atmosphere. If you’re looking for artwork to match your holiday decor, select depictions of snow-covered woods. If you’re a lover of sunsets and intricate cloud patterns, choose a painting or collection of paintings of clouds to marvel at.
- Black and White: While some of our collection of oil and acrylic paintings are colorful and vibrant, our black and white options are just as bold but speak through unique shapes and sizes, as opposed to color. The muted colors help black and white arrangements pair nicely with pre-existing color arrangements in a room.
- People: Some of the original oil and acrylic paintings were of people, so why not pay tribute to subject matter highlighted from the past? The beauty of including a painting focused on people is that it brings up a lot of questions and wonder. What is that person’s story? Where are they from? You can ponder this while admiring the composition.
PERSONALIZE YOUR ARTWORK
We provide you with the opportunity to select the size and orientation of artwork that works best for your space.Choose from three different orientations (portrait, landscape, and square) and arrange the piece by itself or in a grouping on your wall. While not every design is available in every orientation, you can easily sort your options using our filter tool. Next, select the size of art you wish to order. These range anywhere from 5” x 7” to 16” x 20” or 16” x 16” all the way up to as large as 48”x70”. Lastly, hand pick the type of frame you wish to have your piece finished in. We offer plenty of chic and hand-crafted options.
ABOUT MINTED’S ARTISTS
As you look through Minted’s collection, you will notice the wide diversity in styles. That is because Minted’s marketplace for independent artists is just as varied (if not more varied) than its collection of oil and acrylic artwork. Our artists span all 50 states and over 100 countries. They come from professional artistic backgrounds and others are self-taught. This diversity of experience, location, and influence yields a diversity in design contributions that are unparalleled. To learn more about the artist behind each painting, select the painting and click on the artist’s information at the bottom of the page. You can go and look at their online store and gallery to peruse more of their stylings.