CREATE MEANINGFUL SILHOUETTE ART
Framed artwork that plays to someone's passions is always a great gift idea for a loved one. An even greater option is custom-made artwork created and designed specifically to strike a chord for the intended recipient. Consider working with Minted to have a custom silhouette art piece created to showcase a child, pet, or another dear family member. Choose from luxe printing techniques such as letterpress or foil press, and even select from an assortment of beautiful colors. Simply send Minted a photograph and let our design associates work their magic to create personalized silhouette art in days for your review.
WHAT EXACTLY IS SILHOUETTE ART?
This timeless artform typically depicts the outline or shape of a person, pet, or object in a solid form without additional detail. It’s usually displayed on a white background. In keeping with this style and look, Minted’s custom art offering will showcase a child silhouette or pet silhouette that captures the outline of the subject matter perfectly while filling in the remaining image with a color or metallic foil of your choice. It can be a fun and up-leveled way to showcase the essence of an individual subtly rather than framing an exact photo of them.
HOW TO PLACE YOUR CUSTOM ARTWORK ORDER
The process for ordering a personalized silhouette is quite simple from start to finish, and should only take two to three weeks from start to finish. You will have a custom piece of artwork hanging on your wall in no time! Below we have broken down the steps:
- Step 1: Take a picture of a child, pet, or loved one standing sideways against a white background or wall. If they are facing forward it will not work.
- Step 2: Find a silhouette design format and color theme that you prefer on Minted’s website and upload your personal photo when prompted to personalize the piece. Some styles even allow you to add custom text to the artwork like a name or date.
- Step 3: Our team of design associates will use your photo to create a custom silhouette that matches key features from the photo you provided. We will then send you a digital proof to review within about 48 hours. Review the custom artwork and provide feedback or edits you’d like to see implemented.
- Step 4: Once finalized, select a print size and frame styling. The available sizes are 5”x7”, 8”x10”, 11”x14”, 16”x20”, 18”x24”, 24”x30”, 30”x40”, 40”x54”. There is a lot of freedom when it comes to frame selection for your portrait as Minted has so many options. Choose from one of our classic frames, such as the walnut wood frame, or select a specialty frame like champagne silver.
SILHOUETTE ART AS THE PERFECT GIFT
Giving someone custom artwork is always a touching gift. Here at Minted, we sat down and thought about a few scenarios where silhouette art would make the most touching gift.
- Preserve Their First Day of School: Capture their look from the year they first started kindergarten. As your child progresses through grade school, middle school, and high school, they can look back at the custom silhouette to remember how small they were when they started their academic journey. Nothing is sweeter than the silhouette of a child!
- Remember Your Pet as a Newborn: Our cats, dogs, birds, and other animals are adorable when they’re babies. Why not preserve those memories with a pet silhouette?
- Honor a Pet’s Memory: Losing a family pet can be tough. A great way to remember Fido is by commissioning a custom pet portrait to hang on your wall. You can even print their name and a special date on the silhouette art piece if you like.
- Gift for Grandparents: Your grandparents will love this gift idea. Give them a child silhouette of their grandchild as a memento they’ll cherish forever.
- Graduation: Capture your high school grad in profile to remember their big achievement. Have them wear their cap and tassel.
OTHER CUSTOM ART OFFERED THROUGH MINTED
If you like the personalized look, we have some additional custom art options you may enjoy learning about:
- Custom Map Art: Celebrate where you’re from with a custom map of your hometown. Or, create a personalized map that narrows in on the coordinates of where you and your honey got engaged.
- House Portrait: Gift your parents with a portrait of their first home together. After all, home is where the heart is! Or for newlyweds, gifts them a portrait of their new shared abode.
- Footprints/Handprints: New parents will cherish custom handprints and footprints of their baby.
- Wedding Vows/Poem/Lyrics: Translate wedding vows that may have been on a napkin or nervously written on a card into a beautiful work of art. Or, frame song lyrics that are particularly important to you as a couple.