Read what customers say about Minted Christmas Cards
“I absolutely love the product (and packaging!) I received from Minted. Opening my Christmas cards feels a little bit like opening a gift for myself.” – Georgia customer, 12/21/19
“I ordered Christmas cards using a photo from my son's 12/14 wedding. I was thrilled with the quality and the quick delivery. Thanks!” – Florida customer, 12/24/19
“I started using the website over six years ago with my save the dates and continued with my wedding invitations, a friend’s bridal shower, and my yearly Christmas cards. I love that my addresses are saved and it is so easy to use. My orders always arrive quickly and are beautifully done, I always get compliments!” – Pennsylvania customer, 12/9/19
PLANNING YOUR SEASON'S GREETINGS
There’s no better way to prepare for the holiday season than picking out your Christmas card. They may be the only piece of physical mail your friends and family receive from you all year. For that reason, you’ll want your card to be impactful, beautiful, and memorable. Minted’s exclusive greeting cards are designed by a global community of independent artists, guaranteeing that your card will be stylish and unique.
WHEN SHOULD I ORDER CHRISTMAS CARDS
With all the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it’s hard to find time for all the loved ones in your life. That’s why sending cards is such a great way to say, “I’m thinking about you and wishing you a very merry Christmas.” Follow our timeline below to stay on schedule and alleviate last-minute stress.
- When to start designing: You may want to take lots of time to design your perfect Christmas card with a photo, get input from other family members, or experiment with many designs. Typically, we recommend designing your card about a week before you order them. This will hopefully alleviate some time pressure and give you the chance to get your card just right. Check out our Christmas Countdown Checklist to learn more about preparing for the holiday season.
- Collecting Addresses: Check to see if your address list is complete and up to date at least a week before you order your cards. If you need help gathering addresses, you can take advantage of Minted’s Address Collection service. Collecting your addresses will be easier than ever with this three-step process. First, go to Minted’s address assistant. Then, enter your contacts’ email addresses. When they respond, their info will be automatically updated into your Minted address book, and you’re finished!
- When to order: Although December 25th may seem far away, it’s never too early to get ahead of the game – the earlier you order, the better. We recommend ordering your Christmas photo cards in the first couple of weeks of November. If those weeks pass, at least try to place your order before Thanksgiving to eliminate your pre-Christmas stress.
- When to send: Now that you’ve received your beautiful Christmas cards, send them out 2-3 weeks before Christmas. If you have friends or family that live abroad, cards will take longer to mail. To make sure they arrive on time, send international cards immediately after your cards arrive.
Creating Your Perfect Card
With seemingly limitless customizable options, your cards are sure to be unique and flawless. Here are all of the ways you can create perfect personalized Christmas cards.
Photo vs. no photo: Present day, many people use Christmas cards with photos of their family or children. Photo Christmas cards are a great way to show everyone you know how much your children have matured. Don’t forget that they can also be used to spotlight your loving pet! If you pick out the perfect photo but can’t decide which design it’ll look best on, use Minted’s Text Us Your Photo service for help. Simply send in your photo, and after answering a couple of questions a Minted stylist will choose and reply with five designs that best fit your photo and your taste. Another option is to use our Use My Photo feature. All you have to do it upload one or more photos. Then the webpage will reload with previews of all the festive designs using your picture. This is a savvy way of quickly visualizing customized designs and seeing what you like best.
Style: We offer seven distinctive design styles to choose from so that you can find your perfect card, no matter what your aesthetic is. Here is a list of all of the styles you can choose from:
- Simple & Minimalist: These perfectly minimalist cards can highlight a single family photo or convey holiday spirit just through light uses of Christmas colors and themes. If you tend to go over the top, choosing a Simple & Minimalist card will help you stick to a refined look.
- Modern & Edgy: Great for young couples or new families, Modern & Edgy cards maintain a chic look while incorporating more artistic elements than Simple & Minimalist cards. Set your card apart with one of these sublime designs.
- Classic & Elegant: Formal and distinguished, these cards look like quintessential classy cards that the royals or celebrities might send. Your Classic & Elegant personalized cards will wow your friends and family with their spare and sophisticated style.
- Vintage: Bring back your favorite vintage look with one of our Vintage Christmas cards. These cards are decorated with luxurious lettering and whimsical borders.
- Bold & Typographical: If you’re looking to emphasize a particular word like “Merry” or “Joy,” go with one of our Bold & Typographical cards. These designs aesthetically combine large lettering over your favorite photo or photos.
- Botanical: Mistle Toes, wreaths, and holly – add a festive flare to your holiday correspondence with beautiful depictions of these holiday botanicals.
- Funny: Great for families with newborn babies or young children, Funny cards offer everything from playful lettering to mixed holiday colors.
Theme: Sometimes, planning your card is easier if you choose a theme and customize around it. Check out these five theme ideas for inspiration:
- Year-in-Review: Year-in-Review Christmas cards typically either one of two things: a lot of text or a lot of pictures. Whichever kind you choose, these cards are perfect for providing your loved ones of a visual or verbal summary of your year.
- Pet: Couldn’t get everyone together for a family photo? Pet-themed cards feel just as personal, but take away any worries about how you look. Consider dressing up your pet in a scarf, Santa hat, or reindeer antlers for the picture!
- Joy: Showcase your happiness and merriment with one of our Joy-themed cards. Play around with bold words such as “joyful” or “noel”.
- Peace: After a busy year, you’re probably looking forward to relaxing with your loved ones during the holiday season. Express this tone with a tranquil, cood-colored, and peaceful theme.
- Location-inspired: Whether you’re looking to show off a photo from a family vacation or you want a graphic of your hometown, a Location-inspired card will suit your needs.
Format/Size: Although choosing a format seems simpler than choosing a style or theme, different formats can significantly change the way a card is perceived. Minted offers nine different formats including postcard, petite, classic, folded, grand, ornament, vellum, all-in-one, and booklette. Classic and folded formats pair well with Classic & Elegant or Simply & Minimalist styles to create customary-looking cards. Pair a Vintage styled design with the ornament format so your friends and family can hang your card on their Christmas trees. Mix and match styles and formats until you find your favorite combination. Experiment with different sizes to see what you like best. Our smallest size is shaped like an ornament and can be hung on a Christmas tree while our largest size of 6" x 8" can be placed on someone’s mantle.
Printing Type: To make your personalized Christmas card stand out among the crowd, give thought to using a foil-pressed, letterpress, or vellum overlay card. Letterpress cards exude authenticity, as you can feel and see the impressions from the historic Heidelberg printing press. Foil-pressed cards flawlessly mimic the glimmer of the sun hitting the snow or the sparkle of Christmas tree ornaments. Lastly, vellum overlays add a layer of mystery, depth, and dimension to your Christmas card that can’t be matched.
Occasion: If you’ve had any of these milestones recently, you may want to consider tying in that occasion with your theme.
- Newlyweds: If you’ve been recently married or had a small wedding ceremony, use a Christmas newlywed card to simultaneously spread holiday joy and announce your marriage!
- Birth Announcements: If you had a new baby close to the holiday season, hold off on ordering birth announcements and some sort of holiday correspondence. Combine them into a single birth announcement photo Christmas card.
- Moving Announcement: Did you recently move? Use a moving announcement holiday card to inform your loved ones about your move while also giving them your new home address.
Trends: Choose a card from one of these five trends that are going to be fashionable this holiday season.
- Sincerely Yours: Pick a card design with a handwriting-like font to give your card a personal touch.
- Colorful Holiday: Who says Christmas colors have to be just red and green? Experiment with different color palettes for a tasteful and differentiated look.
- Founder’s Picks: See which designs our founder and CEO has called attention to this holiday season.
- Memory Lane: Feel a little bit of nostalgia with old-fashioned and folk-inspired designs.
- Season to Sparkle: Choose a design covered with stars and celestial patterns for a touch of whimsical flair.
Kind of paper: Minted offers six luxe kinds of paper for you to choose from. Smooth signature, signature, and recycled paper are the most classic options. Go with pearlescent paper to add some shine and illuminate the elegance of your cards. For something a bit more substantial, select Minted’s DoubleThick or TripleThick™ paper for a tactile and cottony feel.
At Minted, we are dedicated to ensuring that each customer finds a card that fits their restrictions and needs. Because of this, our large selection of styles, themes, formats, and other customizable elements have different price ranges. You can have elegance and perfection without sacrificing affordability.
Minted's minimum card order quantity is 25. As you increase your card quantity, the cost per card lowers. Below is a starting price breakdown for an order of 100 cards. Place your order today and save 15%!
- Classic size (7" x 5"): If you order 100 cards, the price per card starts as low as $1.67
- Petite size (6" x 4.25"): If you order 100 cards, the price per card starts as low as $1.52
- Postcard size (6" x 4.25"): If you order 100 cards, the price per card starts as low as $1.30
Even More Customization
All of our personalized Christmas cards have customizable backers. You’ll never have to feel limited again by a card that has no room to write on the front. Minted also offers free recipient addressing for anyone who wants it. That means envelopes will be custom printed for you with the addresses of all of your loved ones. No more spending time on hand-writing addresses. When your cards arrive in the mail, just stuff and send them. Lastly, don’t forget to get some luxurious accessories to elevate your overall card presentation even further. Browse through ribbon, wax seals, SkinnyWrap address labels, and envelope liners to find the accessories that will best suit your Christmas card.
What to Write in Your Card
Think you’ve picked the perfect card, but don’t know what to write in it? There’s a huge range of possibilities. On one hand, this means you can never go wrong – on the other hand, it can be a bit overwhelming. The two most popular options for writing inside a card include a short greeting or an annual letter. An annual letter is wordy and it takes time but they are a great way to bring all of your loved ones up on your past year. Greetings are short and sweet and written in a cheery tone. Here are some Christmas greeting ideas for your inspiration:
- Make a top 10 list of moments, things, or events that your family is grateful for from the past year.
- Use interior photos to illustrate some of your favorite moments and add captions to call out details.
- Do a year in review. Share family highlights in a fun newsletter-style update.
- Use rhyming to create a poem or capitalize each new line to spell out a festive word as an acrostic.
- Create a photo collage to showcase more snapshots of your family, and don’t forget the pets.
- Summarize each of your children’s stories for the year. Name some of their biggest milestones and accomplishments.
- Make family Christmas cards. Help or let your kids write in their greetings, latest and most favorite things, reminiscences with the recipients and wishes. Bonus points for cute doodles!