Read what Customers Say About Minted New Year Cards
"Overall really good experience. Love being able to opt for one of several greetings on the same card (ie. ""happy holidays" or "happy new year"). Love having options for the design of the back of the card.” – Tennessee customer, 12/21/20
“I love how expediently my order was processed and shipped! I did a New Years card, because I never thought I would receive Christmas cards in time—my fault for the late planning! Anyway, the cards came in so quickly, I definitely could have done Christmas cards.” – Mississippi customer, 12/25/20
“I was very pleased with my New Year's cards - they were stunning and the quality of the paper was exceptional.” – Virginia customer, 1/17/20
Planning Your 2022 New Year Cards
The year 2022 is arriving soon! It's time to celebrate with friends and family by sending one of Minted’s New Year cards. While the holiday season is many people’s favorite time of the year, we know the planning can get hectic. Get ahead of the game and start planning your New Year cards today. Many things can’t be knocked off your Christmas Countdown Checklist until December, but this is one thing you can do anytime you have access to a device. After you’re finished planning your card, don’t forget to take time to look forward to the New Year!
New Year Card, Christmas Card, or Holiday Card?
Sending New Year cards is a cordial and stylish way to get in touch with friends, family, colleagues, and neighbors. New Year cards are not just a last resort for those who forgot to make Christmas cards. There are many reasons you might decide to send a New Year card this year instead of a Christmas or holiday card. One of the biggest advantages of New Year cards is there’s no rigid etiquette regarding when they have to arrive. Some choose to send New Year cards in early December and some choose to send them as late as a few weeks after January 1st. New Year cards give you the option of spreading the warmth of the holiday season even after December 25th has passed.
Another possible reason you might prefer New Year cards is to avoid any religious assertions or implications. You might feel most comfortable knowing that everyone can recognize and celebrate the New Year regardless of what they believe in. You prioritize inclusion, and want to send a card that anyone can enjoy. Or, maybe you really like New Year ideals. You want to emphasize themes such as happiness, renewal, second chances, goal setting, and healthy self-improvement in your Happy New Year cards.
Perhaps you already knew you weren’t going to be able to make a Christmas card. Maybe the kids were off at college or your dog hadn’t been groomed in a while, and all your group photos were outdated. Luckily, you know everyone will finally get together in December for a holiday gathering. If that’s the case, use that time to take the perfect picture for a Happy New Year card. Your friends and family will love looking at a seasonally-theme photo, despite if it’s on a New Year or Christmas card. Alternatively, maybe you waited a bit too long to make a Christmas card and you don’t have time to make one before December 25th. You don’t want your loved ones to feel left out, but you just can’t stand the thought of sending a late Christmas card. Or maybe you lost your address list when you spilled coffee on your computer. Now you need to wait to receive holiday cards in order to collect everyone’s addresses. No matter what the circumstances are, sending New Year cards is a savvy decision. You won’t have to worry about excluding anyone and can still be a part of the widespread tradition of sending cards to those you care about. Whatever rationale you have, a lighthearted and loving New Year card is always a terrific option for an end-of-the-year card. You can never go wrong by saying, "Happy New Year 2022."
Create The Perfect Card
When you begin planning your New Year card, the first choice you’ll have to make is if you want to include pictures. There are advantages to both sides. Choosing a card without a picture may take less time to plan, while a card with one or more photos can seem more personal. No need to stress – Minted offers a wide variety of both options. If you choose a New Year card without photos, you mostly just need to think about customizing your text and colors. If you choose to do a photo card, start thinking about which picture you want to use. You can make a customized card with lots of pictures if you’re having trouble choosing just one. If you’ve chosen the perfect photo but don’t know which design it’ll look best on, use our Text Us Your Photo service. Send in your photo and answer a couple questions. Then, a Minted stylist will select five designs that your photo looks best on and will present you with your options. If you’d rather browse through card options yourself, there are many choices to keep in mind. Here is everything you should consider when choosing your superlative and unique New Year card:
Style: This is one of the most important choices you’ll have to make when planning your card. Our New Year cards come in nine different styles:
- Simple & Minimalist: Understated and chic, Simple & Minimalist New Year cards look formal and fresh. With their spare use of words, these cards are perfect for accentuating a single family photo.
- Botanical: The wintry botanicals on these cards are playful and floral, and pair very well with photos of children or newborn babies.
- Modern & Edgy: Choose from organic splatter-paint designs to letterpress calligraphy designs to suit your contemporary and edgy aesthetic.
- Funny: Bold fonts, humorous quotes, and comic-like templates, Funny New Year cards are a great option for families with young children.
- Classic & Elegant: These New Year cards are the most refined and exude sophistication. They are flawlessly exquisite without being lavish.
- Bohemian: Show off your idiosyncratic style with a Bohemian New Year card design. These cards work great for young or newlywed couples.
- Vintage: Dive back into the past with a Vintage card. Give your friends and family the chance to reminisce over old-fashioned style while simultaneously enjoying your 21st century Happy New Year cards.
- Painterly: From watercolor backdrops to brushstroke strikes, Minted offers a range of Painterly New Year cards for the artists or aspiring artists out there.
- Bold & Typographical: Exhilarated about the alliterative nature of 2022? Emphasize these numbers with a Bold & Typographical New Year card!
Theme: Deciding on a theme is also one of the most difficult choices when it comes to customizing your New Year card.We offer six different themes:
- Year-in-Review: Year-in-Review-themed cards are perfect if you’re looking for something that can accommodate more writing. Year-in-Review cards allow you to update your friends and family on your life without writing a letter.
- Pet: If you love taking pictures of your pet, consider going with a Pet-themed card! Show off an adorable photo of a new pet, or use this as an option if you don’t have a recent family photo.
- Joy: As the title implies, Joy-themed New Year cards highlight the words “joy” or “joyful.” These cards radiate happiness, and are a great way to spread cheerful vibes to everyone you care about.
- Peace: Spotlighting the word “peace,” the peace symbol, and even the peace sign with two fingers, Peace-themed cards will convey tranquility and beauty to all of your recipients.
- Location-inspired: Location-Inspired-themed Happy New Year cards are perfect for showing your loved ones an adventure you went on without using your words. A family photo on the beach, group photo huddled in the snow, or a photo in front of an iconic landmark are just the beginning of what you could include in one of these cards.
Shape: Pick from many different shapes to find the kind of card that most suits your liking. Choose anything from classic shapes like straight edge and round edge to abstract shapes like bubble scallop and scalloped circle.
Format: If you’re looking for a more elevated New Year card, consider a letterpress or foil-pressed card. Letterpress cards are well-renowned for the deep impressions they make in Minted’s thick paper, making them unique and tactile. Foil-pressed cards are available in many different foil colors and add a festive, eye-catching touch to regular cards. Choose from luxe foil colors like gold, silver, rose gold, red, and green.
Type of paper: We offer six types of luxe paper, including smooth signature, signature, recycled, pearlescent, DoubleThick, and TripleThick™.
Did you finally choose the perfect New Year card, but can’t decide what to write on it? Luckily, there are no rules to what you should write in a New Year's card. For a minimalist approach, simply write “Happy New Year” followed by your name. You can also write a year in review paragraph that sums up the highlights of the year. For something humorous, you can include a funny quote or pun. For something meaningful, include a famous or inspirational quote. The greeting options are endless. Don’t forget that you can even add customizable text to the back of your card if you don’t have enough space on the front. With so many customizable features, you can truly make your New Year card look however you want it.
All of our New Year cards were design challenge winners created by independent artists. We are dedicated to perfection, so all of our designs are unique, stylish, and contemporary. Our goal is to provide you with beautiful cards that match your exact vision and desire. So after you’ve personalized your New Year card, receive unlimited free proofs until your card is nothing short of flawless. Additionally, take advantage of Minted’s free recipient address printing service. Cut down the time you usually spend writing out addresses and have them printed directly onto envelopes, styled to pair with your cards. All you’ll have to do is stuff and stamp your cards and they’ll be ready to mail.