Written by Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon of Alice & Lois
Half the fun of gift giving is presenting your in a prettily wrapped package. This year, I decided to make fabric gift bags that are made from repurposed materials and can be used again and again. I have a rather large-sized bin filled with scrap fabric, which is perfect for this project. Red-and-white patterned fabric and fusible hemming tape are all you need to whip up this no-sew gift bags. They take less than 10 minutes to make and you can fill them with holiday goodies and gifts.
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
• Red-and-white patterned fabric
• Fusible hemming tape
• Ribbon or twine
• Ironing board
1. Cut one large rectangle of fabric measuring 18″ x 16″.
2. Place the rectangle on a surface pattern side down; fold down three sides and press to create a “hemmed” edge. Cut fusible hemming tape and place on the three sides.
3. Press the top edges down. Fold the wrong (non-printed) sides of fabric together and iron the fabrics to create a bag shape. Leave the top open, only ironing the two sides together.
4. Fill the gift bag with goodies and gifts and wrap the twine or ribbon on the top.
Photos: Sara Albers
Comments Off on DIY: No-Sew Fabric Gift Bag