Written by Kathleen Ballos of Snowdrop & Co
I’ve always loved decorating Halloween, but the gory and creepy decor you see a lot this time of the year has never been my cup of tea. Enter these super-simple paper lantern skulls! They’re so quick and easy to make, you’ll be able to whip up a bunch of them in time for Halloween.
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
• 4″ white paper lanterns
• String lights
• Mod Podge
• Black tissue paper
1. Cut two circles for eyes out of black tissue paper (they don’t have to be perfectly round).
2. Cut out an upside-down heart for the nose; for the mouth, cut a 1 1/4″ long strip and three 3/8″ strips.
3. Apply Mod Podge onto the paper lantern where you’d like the eyes to go; place the tissue-paper eyes on top and apply more Mod Podge on top to seal.
4. Repeat step 3 for the nose and mouth.
5. Let dry and repeat!
6. Attach the finished lanterns onto the string lights or tie onto string to make a garland.5 COMMENTS