BRING THE TRANQUILITY OF THE BEACH INDOORS
Is there anything more relaxing than the sound of waves crashing on the shore? Whether or not you live on the coast, you’ve likely made some special memories at the beach. So why not use art as an opportunity to remind you of those good times?
From photography prints that capture the fine texture of sand and churning waves to more abstract art pieces that evoke the color and shape of the sea, Minted offers a selection of coastal art prints to suit nearly every taste and space. Our art prints were created by our community of independent artists from around the world, so you’re sure to find a coastal art print that is perfect for your home — whether you’re looking to channel the tropics or the Pacific Northwest.
Coastal art can work in any room, though we particularly love it for lending a serene vibe to a bathroom or bedroom. Keep reading to discover more tips and tricks for choosing your perfect coastal wall art print.
HOW TO FRAME COASTAL ART AND BEACH ART
All of Minted’s art prints are available in a wide variety of frame options. This means that you can put your unique spin on just about any print — and ensure that even the most bold pieces of wall art will go seamlessly with the rest of your decor.
To pick the right frame for your art piece, keep the following tips in mind.
- Material. Choose from a selection of metal and wood frames for your art print. Metal frames tend to go best with more modern and abstract pieces, but they can also help add a sleek touch to more whimsical prints. The natural look of wooden frames pair well with more traditional landscapes, or they can add a grounding weight and mid century vibe to more abstract art prints.
- Color. Though a classic black frame will never go out of style, don’t forget that this is another opportunity to play with color and add visual interest to your space. Think about the colors within your chosen print that you’d like to highlight, and then choose a frame color that complements them.
- Texture. Minted’s frames are also available in a variety of textures. Our metal frames are available in matte, brushed, and gilded textures, while our wooden frames feature natural graining as well as carved accents. Pick a subtler texture if you want the frame to play more of a supporting role to your print, or go for something more eye-catching to give your piece a museum-worthy look.
- Matting & Mounting. How you choose to mount the art within your frame is another chance to add a bit of visual interest to a print. Full bleed printing style (where the print extends all the way to the edges of the frame) and float mounting (where the print is suspended above a cotton mat board) are dramatic ways to offset your artwork. Matted (where a white cotton mat adds a nice crop to a print) and white border offer a more classic look.
- Glass. Minted’s framed coastal art prints are available in two types of glass: UV Plexi Glass and Standard Plexi Glass. Go for the UV Plexi Glass if you plan to hang your print across from a strong light source, such as a window or french doors, as it has a non-glare finish.
CANVAS RETRO BEACH ART PRINTS
Minted’s art prints are available as standard prints or on framed canvas, allowing you to choose which style best fits your vision for the piece. For coastal art that adds a retro or vintage flair to a space, look for a print that is available in Minted’s high quality canvas.
Keep in mind that canvas will add a bit of texture to your art print, which will automatically lend it a more retro feel. This means it is a great option for retro-inspired pieces that already feature texture, such as oil paintings, watercolor, pastel, or even block- and screen-printed designs. Though canvas isn’t a traditional option for photography, it can also be a great way to make a black-and-white print look like you’ve sourced it from an antique shop, as it will lend a grainy, softer look to each shot.
Minted’s canvas art prints can also be framed in a variety of wooden molding styles. Frames work best if you’re hoping to include a canvas art print in a gallery wall of standard art prints, or want to elevate a canvas print with a mid-century-modern feel.
BEST-SELLING COASTAL AND BEACH WALL ART PRINTS
Though Minted’s coastal and beach art prints are available in a wide range of styles, there are a few things they all have in common. They all celebrate some aspect of coastal life — whether it be the sand, the surf, or the sun — and they all feature predominant color palettes of blues and greens. The sky's the limit beyond that!
The following guide can help you pick the right coastal art print for your space.
- Watercolor: Coastal subjects and watercolor go hand-in-hand, as the medium is an excellent way to capture the movement of the waves and wind. Watercolor art prints tend to have a softer look to them, making them a perfect addition to more tranquil rooms or decor styles.
- Beach Photo Art: Coastal and beach photography are a great way to lend a modern sensibility to a more classic subject. The focus of the photograph will have the biggest influence on the overall style of the print, so pay attention to the feeling you want the piece of art to evoke. If you’re looking for drama, go for eye-catching compositions and large-scale prints, or if you are going for a more playful feel, look for fun and colorful scenes.
- Abstract: Abstract coastal art prints are a great way to bring a bit of the beach home with you, no matter how far from the shore you live. These pieces capture the colors, shapes, and movement of the water and are available in a range of different styles.
- Illustration: Pen and ink illustrations of coastal scenes are another great way to bring the memories of seaside vacations into your home. Go for quirky scenes of beachgoers for a modern space or choose a landscape illustration that looks like it was sketched while the artist was enjoying some time in the sand.
- Retro Beach Art: If you’re looking to bring some Beach Boys energy into your space, go for a coastal art print with a retro spirit. Choosing prints of vintage photographs — such as a group of early surfers catching waves off of Waikiki or Slim Aarrons inspired pool scenes — are a great way to add a bit of mid-century fun to a gallery wall.
- Classic Seascape: For a sophisticated coastal look, choose a landscape of a beachside scene. These prints look particularly good on Minted’s canvas, as the natural texture can help accentuate brushstrokes and make a piece look like one-of-a-kind. They also look great paired with our gilded wood frames, which give them an old-world, antique feel.
- Close-Up Texture: A day at the ocean is full of interesting textures — think grainy sand, barnacle encrusted boat hulls, foamy water, and terrycloth towels. Choosing a print that singles out just one of these textures offers a modern spin on a coastal art print. Look for swirling water to add a bit of drama to a living space, a reflective boat hull close-up for a bedroom, or soft sand for a bathroom.
- Fun in the Sun: Call to mind days spent playing in the waves and lounging in the sun by choosing an art print that captures the spirit of a summer beach day. Look for photographs of beachgoers in the water or on the shore, as well as colorful compositions of surfboards lined up and waiting for the next swell.
FREE ART STYLING ADVICE
Minted’s free art styling service is an excellent way to take the guesswork out of selecting the right print for your space. Simply text us a photo of your wall, answer a few questions, and one of our expert stylists will pull the coastal art pieces that are perfect for your space. They’ll send you back a mockup of how the art looks in your home, and will pre-fill your Minted cart to make it easy to purchase the pieces that you love the most.
ABOUT MINTED’S INDEPENDENT ARTISTS
Minted is the ultimate destination to shop art from independent artists around the world. We take great pride in the community of talented artists we support through our platform, and are dedicated to providing opportunities for new artists through our regularly hosted design challenges. Look for the “design challenge winner” insignia on a piece to support an emerging artist and check out the “About the Art” section of our product pages to learn the story behind a particular piece. A portion of every purchase you make will go back to the contributing artist, fueling continued creativity.