CELEBRATE THE CHANGING SEASONS WITH SUMMER WALL ART
What visions come to mind when you think of summer? Imagery of long sunny days, higher temperatures, and outdoor picnics featuring watermelon, barbecue ribs, and corn on the cob are quick thoughts. Trips to the beach, pool, summer campgrounds, and watching 4th of July fireworks are fun activities we also associate with the months of June, July, and August. Bring your passion for the warmest season of the year into your home decor by featuring colorful summer wall art that captures some of your favorite seasonal elements. We have over 250 unique limited-edition selections of summer art that can breathe fresh life into a living room, bedroom, dining room, or kid’s room. If looking for additional inspiration, shop our full collection of wall art prints!
Choose from limited-edition summer prints showcasing stunning photography of coastal landscapes. Get lost in framed photos of colorful beach umbrellas dug into a sandy retreat, tourists sunbathing upon a dramatic European coastline, or sunshine glistening through lush palm fronds. We also have striking watercolor paintings of summer fruits, seasonal flower blooms, and abstract arrangements. More often than not, the colors used in summer art pieces tend to be vibrant reds, yellows, pinks, and oranges. These energetic colors mimic the ambiance that surrounds this time of year.
With the children out of school, an outdoor camp or two planned, a family vacation scheduled, and a wedding or two slotted, summer is usually a season for change in routine. What a perfect time to change up your home decor too! Because our summer wall art can be ordered in many different sizes, color selections, and frame stylings, you will easily be able to purchase framed and canvas prints that perfectly fit your desired space and complement your home. Let your summer wall decor shine!
WHO ARE OUR ARTISTS?
What makes Minted’s collection of summer prints so unique is our broad range of contributing artists. We invite independent artists from near and far, over 100 countries to be exact, to submit their one-of-a-kind artwork into our regularly hosted design contents. While some artists are classically trained and educated, others have found their passion later in life. This blending of skill sets, backgrounds, techniques, and influences helps maintain a diverse assortment of art to shop on our site.
Once artists submit their designs, we poll past customers, other artists, and the general public to discover which designs emerge as their favorites. The winning designs are then sold on Minted, with a portion of the sales contributed back to the artist. As you are shopping Minted fine art, look for the “Design Challenge Winner” insignia next to some of the designs, which identifies their origin in one of our hosted contests.
When you have a better understanding of the artist that created the design that is hanging on your wall, we feel it forges a stronger connection with that piece of art. For this reason, we encourage our contributing independent artists to create online stores through Minted where they can share pictures of their studios and elements they draw inspiration from. You can also view other designs they may have created on Minted! When your piece of summer art arrives in the mail, it will include a note from the artist detailing their work, which gives you additional insight into your purchase.
WHAT ARE SOME POPULAR SUMMER ART THEMES?
At the top of this page we provide numerous search filters to narrow down your hunt for the perfect piece of summer wall art. Fine-tune our assortment to only display fine art photography, hand-drawn sketches, or artwork in a particular color. Below we have identified some popular options to consider:
- Beach Photography: When the temperatures rise on sizzling hot summer days, we all head for pools, lakes, and the ocean for a refreshing dip in cool waters. Consider a wall hanging that captures waves crashing on the beach, surfboards atop a classic car, or lifeguard towers propped above endless coastlines of sand. Bring your love of the water into your home decor. If you have a particular photo of your family learning to snorkel, dad buried up to his neck in the sand, or your children posing next to their sandcastle creation, you can always choose to frame it with one of our stylish photo art templates.
- Bright Watercolor: The seasons of spring and summer yield bright and beautiful colors that surround us in everyday life. Pink flowers are blooming, bright red strawberries are ripening, and colorful butterflies float from garden to garden. Celebrate this abundance of color through watercolor paintings that blend hues of pink, purple, red, yellow, and green with perfection.
- Florals: As your garden is in full bloom, let your living room walls reflect a similar beauty. Whether through photography, oil painting, or a blend of mixed media, our independent artists have created designs celebrating vivid floral arrangements.
- Tropical Greenery: Images of palm fronds, huge banana leaves, and monstera leaves instantly transport you to a tropical paradise. Let your summer wall art remind you of that family vacation to Hawaii, Florida, or Southern California where palm trees gently wave in the tropical breezes.
- Colorful Fruit: Peaches, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, and cherries are all summer fruits full of flavor. You will smile at the creative ways artists have blended imagery of these fruits into their creations. Yes, there is art to be found in the image of a strawberry!
- Coastal Landscapes: Does your family take a seasonal road trip to a particular southern, western, or eastern coastline each summer? We have a collection of landscape photography that captures the dramatic scenes of ocean meeting land. Historic lighthouses, towering bridges, and rocky European cliff sides all add to these landscape depictions.
PRINT OR CANVAS?
With many of the art designs you find on our site, you will be presented with the option to have them printed on premium-grade paper and framed behind glass or printed on canvas. We understand that different rooms and decor themes call for different looks, and we want to provide you options with how your art selection is printed. For example, canvas art may work best in a child’s room or game room where the likelihood of a wall hanging accidentally falling off the wall is more likely.
In addition to selecting your printing format, we also let you custom-tailor other elements regarding the final look and feel of your art purchase. Take a look below at design elements that can be manipulated based on your direction.
- Color: Many of our designs can be ordered in various color combinations. An abstract painting can take on a very different look when ordering it in a yellow color theme as opposed to the blue arrangement. Toggle through available color options and immediately see the design transformed before your eyes.
- Size: What is worse than discovering the perfect piece of art for your home and then learning it only comes in one size that doesn't fit your specific wall space? At Minted we offer more than a dozen print sizes to select from! Whether you are looking for a 5” x 7” print to sit on your work desk or a 44” x 60” statement piece to hang above your living room couch, we provide you with options!
- Frame: Although subtle, your frame selection can really enhance the appearance of your summer wall decor. With more than 15 frame stylings to choose from, you can create modern, rustic, or classic undertones to the presentation of your art simply by altering the frame design. Pick from wooden frames hand-carved from mango wood or crafted from reclaimed barn wood. We also have chic metal frames brushed in silver, copper, or brass. Find a look that you fall in love with!
COMPLETELY REFRESH A ROOM WITH A STYLISH WALL MURAL
Are you thinking of remodeling a room this summer with new paint or chic patterned wallpaper? A less-permanent, yet equalling stunning design option would be to apply one of our peel and stick wall murals. We have some impressive wall mural designs that feature bright colors and coastal elements perfect for carrying a summer art theme forward in your home decor refresh. Murals can be ordered in one of three sizes (6’ x 8’, 10’ x 10’, and 15’ x 12’) and can easily be installed to add floor-to-ceiling style to any room. Each of our murals is also designed by our growing community of independent artists.