A frame can make or break a photo or a print. In a high-quality frame, even the simplest pictures seem elevated to the status of wall art. When you choose custom frames and mattes for your pictures, you have the freedom to create extremely personalized wall art that reflects the unique history and personality of your family.
Framed photo prints bring a touch of authenticity and beauty to any interior. Our collection of fine photography in frames you can customize includes traditional, abstract, art deco, expressionist and vintage-inspired pictures that will spark visual interest and animated conversation. Get inspired to frame your own photographic memories with our custom frame and matting options as you browse our wide selection of framed photo prints.
FAQs About Framed Photo Prints:
Where can I get pictures printed and framed online?
Minted can do it for you. Choose the design you like, including the frame material and matting style that we offer. Upload your pictures to Minted. We will print and frame your picture and deliver it to your door.
What are the frame options for photo prints?
Here are your frame and matting options for photo prints and our recommendations for artistic pairings:
- Material & Color - Wood offers a natural look and texture while metal feels sleek and contemporary. Choose a frame color that complements the artwork. Unify a gallery wall with frames in a single color.
- Glass or No Glass - Standard Plexi Glass protects artwork from dust while UV Plexi Glass shields prints from a strong natural light source with a matte finish. Canvas wall art needs no glass.
- Birthday: Whether celebrating a young child’s birthday, a tween, or a full-grown adult, they are sure to appreciate a piece of personalized photo art. For parents celebrating the first birthday of their child, we have designs that allow you to share a photo recapping each of their first twelve months on Earth. Celebrate a quinceanera or sweet 16 with a photo collage shaped in the numbers 15 and 16. Lastly, you can always opt to simply print a single photograph captioned with a special note for the birthday recipient.
- Float Mounted vs Full Bleed vs Matted - A dramatic gap separates artwork from frame in float mounting and works well with contemporary framed photo prints. Full bleed artwork extends all the way to the frame, drawing the eye inward to a central focus. It’s most impactful with abstract photo prints. For a classic gallery effect on traditional, realistic framed photo prints, opt for crisp white matting.
What kind of photo should I choose?
Custom framed photo prints add personal touch to your decor. The idea of printing your pictures is to frame your beautiful memories and let them spark positive ambiance in your room. You can showcase pictures of your loved ones, whether or not they live with you. You can also print pictures of beautiful moments/milestones in your life, e.g., wedding pictures, graduation pictures, newborn baby’s first Christmas. Some people choose to print pictures they took from the last vacation as a remembrance of their good time.
How do I create a gallery wall to showcase my framed photo memories?
Hanging your beloved pictures and framed photos in a gallery wall composition is a great way to spark conversation and cherish family memories. Find gallery wall inspo with Minted owner and CEO Mariam Naficy. She walks you through her vision of an eclectic grouping that reflects your family’s personality with a combination of personal pieces and curated fine art prints from Minted.
Our favorite pro tips for hanging wall art include:
- Use butcher paper cut into the sizes and shapes of your wall art to try different layouts taped to the wall before hammering any nails.
- Hang most artwork at or near eye level.
- Consider the colors in the art prints, as well as hues in the room, when pairing pieces and when choosing frames. A gallery wall of mismatched pictures becomes cohesive with matched framing materials.
- If you’re really stumped, text us a photo of your wall and Minted stylist will send you curated recommendations that fit perfectly.
Can I buy ready-to-hang art prints instead of printing my own pictures?
Of course! You can explore Minted’s wall art prints that are available in various sizes. Choose your frame and matting styles on each product page. You can also choose between paper prints or canvas prints to match with your space. At Minted, we believe great art can come from anywhere. That’s why we started the Minted Design Challenge, a hub of creativity and inspiration. Artists from around the globe submit their visions for original wall art, greeting cards and more, then support each other with constructive critiques and meaningful feedback. These visionaries vote on the best designs, which are then made available on the Minted site, where the creators benefit from every sale of their artwork.