Thinking about creating a wedding website but not sure where to start? There are tons of wedding website builders out there, all offering very similar features—stylish templates, custom URLs, online RSVP management, just to name a few. Instead of sorting through them on your own, we did the work for you and tried out the best wedding websites to assess the pros and cons of each. Keep reading for our list of the top 10 wedding websites below.
- The most website designs (1,400+) to choose from of the sites we compared, which means you'll likely find a template that complements your wedding style, colors, and overall aesthetic.
- Template designs are modern and stylish and are designed to match their invitations and other wedding stationery (e.g., programs, place cards, menus, table number signs, favor tags, thank you cards, etc.), so everything will have a cohesive look.
- Each website template comes in multiple colors and layouts, so you can match your overall wedding aesthetic.
- Allows you to list and gather RSVPs for multiple events—public events (like the wedding itself) as well as private events that are viewable only to specific invitees (e.g., bridal shower, rehearsal dinner).
- Their Universal Guest List feature is an easy way to collect guests' mailing addresses. Instead of tracking down addresses one by one, this tool will send each guest an email requesting their snail-mail address; the addresses are gathered in your online address book (and can be used later to address your wedding invitations, place cards, thank yous, etc.).
- Only platform that also offers a completely custom option: If you don't see a design you like, you can work with a Minted designer who will create custom artwork for your website from scratch.
- Sifting through all of the website designs can be time-consuming.
- Custom URL is not included in free plan.
- Free, For a nominal fee upgrade to premium site which includes features like a custom domain, password protection, and photo gallery; $98 to upgrade to a custom wedding website where a Minted designer will create a unique artwork for your website from scratch.
Perfect for design-savvy couples who want a stylish wedding website that matches their wedding invitations and stationery.
The company known for its wedding registry service has gotten into the wedding website game.
- A variety (250+) of stylish website designs that feel fresh and current.
- Each website design is also available in matching paper wedding stationery, like save the dates and invitations.
- Password protection is free.
- Capability to make certain events private and only visible to guests who are invited.
- Robust guest-list management system allows you to easily keep track of plus-ones, meal preferences, transportation requests, etc.
- Guests can purchase gifts from your registry directly from your wedding website (if you've decided to use Zola's registry functionality).
- Basic customizations like changing fonts or the layout of text and images on your website aren’t available, so your only option is to choose a new design.
- Limiting if you don't opt to do a Zola registry; otherwise, you have to manually add gifts one by one from external retail sites.
- Free; $14.95 to upgrade to a custom domain.
A stylish platform for couples who want to have a registry curated by Zola. Otherwise, the templates and tools make customization and outside integration cumbersome.
Squarespace is known for its drag-and-drop website builders—often used by designers, for portfolios, and small businesses—but they also offer several wedding website options that are perfect for tech-savvy couples.
- Wedding website templates are very clean and modern, with an emphasis on photography.
- Lots of flexibility to customize the designs, change fonts, adjust text placement, switch backgrounds, and change image sizes.
- Instagram integration lets you automatically pull in images from your wedding hashtag.
- The RSVP form is customizable so you can ask guests not only if they're attending, but additional questions like reception song requests, meal preferences, the name of their plus-one guest, etc.
- Fee includes a personalized domain name for the first year when you sign up for an annual plan.
- Registry integration with Zola allows you to display a selection of gifts from your wedding registry so guests can browse without leaving your wedding website.
- Very limited number of wedding website templates (10) available.
- No free plan.
- Limited RSVP management functionality: guests fill out a form with their name, plus-one guest's name, and answers to any questions you might have asked. Would be tricky to manage if you're having a large wedding and/or are limiting plus-ones.
- Not as beginner-friendly as other platforms and would require a pretty serious time commitment if you don't know anything about coding and have never worked with anything web-related.
- $16/month or $12/month billed annually
The best choice for tech-savvy couples who want the ability to fully build a wedding website from scratch.
All of their wedding websites feature an accompanying app—especially helpful if you're planning to manage your website while on the go.
- Wedding websites are paired with a mobile app, so you can update your website via the app and receive push notifications when guests RSVP; guests who download the app can access your wedding information from their phone and upload photos to your website.
- Allows for multiple admins (e.g. your fiance, your wedding planner) so several people can collaborate on the wedding website.
- The "Moments" timeline lets you collect guests' photos (and even stream them in real time at the wedding).
- Many website designs pair with wedding invitation suites from Elli so you can buy printed stationery to match your site.
- Limited number of template themes; most are floral or nature-inspired and the majority skew more feminine in style.
- Only two different layout options to choose from, so if you don't like either of them, then you're out of luck.
- No option to add a Custom URL, but they do have the capability to forward your custom domain (if you've purchased one) to your Joy URL.
- No functionality for multiple wedding-related events for specific guests to RSVP to (e.g. rehearsal dinner).
A solid choice if you're looking for a free platform with plenty of useful features (like the photo-streaming timeline) and/or most your wedding guests might appreciate the convenience of a wedding app.
5. BASIC INVITE
This stationer now offers wedding websites with a lot of impressive customization options (including a robust color picker tool).
- A wide variety (350+) of template designs in different styles, from more romantic designs (florals, watercolors) to modern, gender-neutral options.
- Each design is also available in matching paper wedding stationery, like save the dates and invitations.
- Templates are highly customizable, from the font, font color, line spacing, and design colors (you can choose from more than 180 color choices).
- Once you've collected your digital RSVPs, export your guests names to create printed place cards.
- User experience is confusing; in order to try out and preview a different website theme, I had to start from scratch and re-type all my wedding information each time.
- Limited RSVP management functionality: each attending guest fills out a form with their name, meal choice, and answers to any other questions you'd like to ask. Would be tricky to manage if you're having a large wedding and/or are limiting plus-ones.
A great option if you're looking to customize a lot of the features on your wedding website; the array of color options ensures that you'll find the right hue to match your exact color palette. But the user experience leaves a little something to be desired—the lack of ability to preview several website designs before choosing one was frustrating—and the very limited RSVP management is bound to be confusing.
6. THE KNOT
- Wide variety of website designs (160+) to choose from.
- The coordinating wedding planning app allows you to track RSVPs, make updates to your wedding website, and send push notifications to guests.
- Integration with The Guest allows you to collect wedding photos from guests as they're being taken (without needing a hashtag or an outside app).
- Custom URL is not included in free plan.
- Template designs are polished but not particularly distinctive.
- Online RSVP form is not customizable.
- Free; $19.99/year to upgrade to a custom domain.
Basic and easy to use if you prefer a plug-and-play option, but if you want a lot of customization, this is not the best choice. Also, the editing functionality is limited on The Knot app, so if you're someone who plans to make a lot of updates to your website from your phone, this might prove frustrating.
7. WEDDING WIRE
- Password protection is free.
- Planning tools like a budget calculator, checklists, and seating chart manager are all integrated within the site's dashboard.
- There's also the functionality to research and communicate with potential wedding vendors within the site.
- Very limited number of designs available (only 35) and most look a bit basic in terms of graphic design.
- You can’t use the WeddingWire app to create or edit your website from your phone or tablet.
- Free; $24/year to upgrade to a premium site which includes a custom domain and no website expiration.
Best for couples who want a basic wedding website and easy access to helpful wedding-planning tools.
8. RILEY & GREY
- Choose from a healthy variety (50+) of website designs that are all sophisticated and fashion-forward.
- Some designs also feature matching printed wedding stationery, which you can order through the site.
- Allows you to list and gather RSVPs for multiple events—public events open to everyone, as well as private events that are viewable only to specific invitees.
- RSVP section is designed to be a playful, fill-in-the-blank Mad Lib (but the wording is fixed and not customizable).
- Fee includes a custom URL.
- The priciest of all the paid platforms we looked at, with no free option available
- Paper wedding invitations are only available under the 12-month payment plan—and only for some designs.
- Backgrounds, fonts, and graphics are fixed for each design and cannot be customized.
- $35/month; $240/year.
Choose this option if you want a design-forward wedding website that looks and feels super luxe.
9. APPY COUPLE
- Wide variety of website designs (500+), most of which skew modern and chic.
- Website designs also come with an app guests can download and use to stay up to date on all the wedding details.
- Ability to send digital save the dates and invitations that match your website.
- No free plan.
- You'll have to sign up for a paid account immediately, even before you've previewed what your site might look like or really figured out if their website features match what you're looking for.
- For its features to be fully functional, your guests have to download the app as well.
- $49 for the "boutique" option or $149 for the "luxury" option.
Great if most of your guests are tech-savvy and would be willing to download the app. Also a good choice for couples who plan to do most of their communication with guests digitally and aren't interested in printed stationery.
Another popular website builder, Wix also offers templates specifically designed for a couple's wedding website.
Wix is one of the most popular site builders on the internet today. See how easy it is to create a website using their drag and drop site builder in The couple that wants a customizable site that they don't have to build from scratch.
- User-friendly, drag-and-drop website builder, making it a good option for couples that aren’t the most tech-savvy.
- Template designs are chic and on the minimalist side, or you could start with a blank slate if you already have something custom in mind.
- No option for online RSVPs or guest-list management.
- Free plan features a "Wix" banner at the top of your website; requires a paid subscription to have it removed.
- Only 16 wedding website templates to choose from.
- No integrated wedding registry feature, which means you have to manually add your registry details (links and images).
- Free; $13/month for a custom domain and to remove the "Wix" banner.
The available templates are stylish, modern, and are easily editable with their tools. But it's a bummer that you're forced to pay extra to remove the giant ad at the top of your site.