SET AN ELEGANT FIRST IMPRESSION
A wedding welcome sign is the first formal wedding decor your guests will see upon arrival at your wedding so it’s important that it shines. This signage usually displays the names of the couple, their hashtag, directs you toward the ceremony, and shares any other information the couple wishes to include. The old adage goes that perfection is in the details, and weddings are certainly no exception!
When it comes to planning, every centerpiece, party favor, dance floor track, and wedding sign should be reflected upon, because these details won’t go unnoticed by your guests. Minted has over 80 customizable designs to choose from, ready to be personalized with your special callouts. You can select from three different display sizes based on where you intend to place your welcome to our wedding sign.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A WEDDING SIGN WITH MINTED?
You may be asking, “Do I really need a welcome sign?” Considering our signs start at just $20, it is a small expense to leave a lasting impression and maintain clear communication with your guests. Below we will walk you through the steps of selecting, customizing, and ordering a sign online. The whole process can be completed in less than 15 minutes.
- Review Our Collection of Designs: As you scroll through our original designs, you’ll see a wide variety of designs that are perfect to enhance your wedding theme or venue type: botanical, classic, rustic, etc. Minted’s diverse assortment of designs is created by artists from all over the world, who draw on inspiration from over 100 countries.
- Pick a Size: Minted offers welcome signs in three sizes: 11" x 14", 16" x 20", and 18" x 24". Signs are available formatted as portrait-oriented or landscape-oriented, depending on your preferences.
- Pick a Layout: Just how much information do you wish to share on your signage? We have a short or long welcome design option. A long welcome could include additional wording and even details like your wedding hashtag that guests can use throughout the evening. We even have a photo arrangement layout that allows you to feature one of your engagement photos on your welcome sign.
- Pick a Color Theme: Minted offers a wide array of colors, so you can choose one that will perfectly complement your venue or color theme.
- Straight or Rounded Edges: Choose whether you’d like your welcome to our wedding sign to have crisp, sharp edges or rounded softer ones. It all depends on your style and what fits your theme the best.
- Personalize the Text: It’s easy to customize the messaging displayed by moving text around or switching up the font styling and color. Include a funny greeting or get creative with your wording.
WHAT IS OUR SIGNAGE MADE OF?
Minted’s wedding signs are crafted with the highest quality standards in mind. Select from our standard signature cardstock with a creamy cotton texture or our double-thick paper, which is a great option for an outdoor venue that may have stronger gusts of wind.
IDEAS FOR DISPLAYING YOUR WEDDING WELCOME SIGN
There are quite a few ways to display your welcome sign on the big day. One definite rule is to place it at the entrance to your reception venue where all guests will be sure to pass it. You should also aim to have your sign at eye level so guests will not miss it and can easily read it. Here are a few options for how to display it:
- Large Easel
- Hang with Ribbon (use twine, ribbon, silk, or another ribbon that ties in with the theme of your wedding)
- Slight Lean (position at a slight angle, propped up on a table or shelf)
WHAT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE
It can be tempting to include an excess of information on your wedding welcome sign, but this notice shouldn’t be too distracting or complex with details. You can save the minutia for your schedule signs or seating charts. Consider including:
- Actually say “welcome”, or if you are hosting a destination wedding, “aloha”, “bienvenidos”, or other local phrases that will bring a smile to your guest’s faces.
- Include the names of the wedding couple.
- Reassure guests they are at the right location.
- Optional: the date, wedding hashtag.
THE ANSWER TO ALL YOU SIGNAGE NEEDS
Weddings come with a lot of signage needs such as table signs, direction signs, wedding door signs, and more! Because all weddings are different, let Minted help you pick and choose what signs you want to order and how many of each make sense for your event.