THE PERFECT INVITATION TO SHARE YOUR WEDDING DETAILS: A WEDDING INVITATION MINIBOOK™
Congratulations on your engagement! You are no doubt working through a very long list of to-dos in planning your wedding. If you require more than the front and back of an invitation to share all your exciting wedding details, we have the perfect solution for you! Creatively manipulate the six pages (and cover) of our booklet wedding invitations to broadcast all your favorite photos and details. This invitation format is also a beautiful and practical option to use for informing guests of a destination wedding, as there are often more details, maps, lodging suggestions, or travel recommendations that require a thorough explanation.
Why send a wedding invitation booklet you ask? While a wedding website is a great vehicle to communicate all your in-depth wedding details and information, a well-designed paper invitation is much more appealing to engage with and has the potential to leave a lasting impression. Your guests will truly appreciate having something to hold and interact with as they turn each page to learn more about your unique love story. In this digital age, paper correspondence will always feel more personal and meaningful. Minted’s collection of easy-to-use customization tools will allow you to transform each page of our wedding invitation minibook™ to match perfectly with the wedding theme you are envisioning.
Sized at 5” tall and 7” wide, there are seven pages to fully customize across four sheets of paper. The paper is professionally bound together by two silver grommets. These grommets can be left as is, or are perfect to thread a coordinating ribbon through for a luxe finishing touch. The minibook™ is designed with pages of increasing width, creating informal chapters or tabs. These tabs are marked by text that runs horizontally up the side of each page, but can easily be removed or altered to fit the design you are looking for. Minted has multiple paper options available for our various wedding invitation formats. The minibook™ wedding invitation can be printed in Minted’s standard cover paper or a pearlescent paper. The standard cover (100 lb. and 14.5 point thickness) has a soft cotton texture and displays both text and photos beautifully. The pearlescent paper (110 lb., 14.5 point thickness) adds a subtle shimmer to the stationery and adds a beautiful backlit glow to photographs.
CREATIVE OPTIONS FOR FILLING THE PAGES OF YOUR BOOKLET
With so many options as to what you and your partner can share in your booklet, you may be thinking about what should be featured on each page. First decide what information is the most and least important for you to share, and go from there on how many pages or space that takes up in the booklet. Whatever formation you decide, your guests will love the unique storytelling format this wedding invitation booklet provides. Here is a list of ideas that Minted has seen our customers share in their creations:
- The basics: Of course, every wedding invitation should include the key details surrounding the date, location, time, and place. While everyone will expect this information to be shared, there’s no reason why it has to be boring. Perhaps you want the cover of your minibook™ to share these details, or perhaps they are revealed on the final tab. It is completely up to you how your booklet progresses.
- Activity & food recommendations: Whether you are hosting a destination wedding or a local one, chances are that someone will be traveling to attend your wedding. With that in mind, including information about things to do or places to eat can provide valuable insight for your out-of-town guests. Save your wedding guests’ time searching for answers online and lay out all the top recommendations on your card.
- Accommodations: Have you or your wedding planner reserved blocks of rooms at a discounted rate at a few lodging options near your wedding reception? Share important details like hotel websites, addresses, rates, and special promo codes that can be used to unlock the special rates. For a truly enhanced experience, include an image of the hotel and a short paragraph describing why you chose the particular lodging option.
- Wedding venue details: Does your wedding venue have a story behind it? Perhaps it is a vineyard in a wine region you and your partner frequent or it is a rustic farm setting that has been in your family’s possession for generations? Whatever the case, this could be fun and engaging information to share on one of your pages. You could even leverage Minted’s ability to create a custom illustration (part of its custom design services) to highlight the specialness of the location.
- How you met: Everyone loves to hear the story of how the happy couple met. Why not include that in your wedding invitation booklet? Make your story visual by featuring a picture or two from the first date or early stages of courtship!
- Photos: Did you and your partner take engagement pictures? You may have already used one on your save the date card but there are surely additional photos equally poignant. Perhaps now is the time to showcase them! Dedicate a page or two toward sharing your favorite photos as a couple. Let your invitation theme guide your photo selection (funny, formal, etc.).
- The proposal story: If you are going to use a storybook format, you should probably tell a story or two! Compose a dramatic paragraph of text that details the juicy proposal details that your guests are eager to learn about.
- Your wedding website: With most couples creating a wedding website to share additional details or updates, you’ll want to include the URL for your guests to go to should they need additional information.
- Schedule of weekend events: Your wedding weekend may include more than just a ceremony and reception. Whether hosting a group wine tasting, rehearsal dinner, or post-wedding breakfast, briefly sharing these event details with guests will help them coordinate their travel arrangements.
- Dress code: Adequately guide your guests through what they should wear to your wedding.
The above suggestions are just some ideas of how to fill the pages of your wedding invitation booklet. If you have other creative ideas, we encourage you to manipulate our templates or work with our design associates to achieve the look you envision!
PERSONALIZE YOUR INVITE
There are many ways you can edit your wedding invitation booklet to suit your wedding theme and style. A great first step is to start filtering through the different design options we offer using the “style” filter towards the top of this page. Select from styles such as modern, botanical, rustic, or vintage, with many other options to explore. Once you have narrowed down options and found your favorite design, it's time to start adding all of your personalized touches.
- Color combinations: First start with your color scheme. Are the colors currently shown perfect for your design vision? Great! If not, effortlessly transform your card using our recommended color pairings or reach out to a Minted design associate to recolor the design in exactly the way you want it. Just leave your comments in the design notes field and in the first round of digital proofs you’ll see your color scheme come to life.
- Text display: You’ll of course be thinking about the content and alignment on each page. Pay close attention to the fonts used on every page. Adjust their size, color, and styling for a congruent look. If you do not see the style of font you want provided as an option, just leave a comment in the design notes section and your dedicated design associate will find exactly what you are looking for.
- Envelope options: Once your booklet wedding invitations are complete, it’s time to turn your attention to the envelopes. Minted views this element of your wedding correspondence just as important as your invitation itself. Indulge in beautifully colored envelope options to select from like cloud blue or silver. After spending so much time personalizing your invitation, there is no reason your envelope should appear sloppy. With Minted’s free recipient address printing, you can have all your guests’ addresses printed professionally on the envelope in the styling of your choosing.
COMPLETE DESIGN FREEDOM
Even though we provide dozens and dozens of unique wedding invitation booklet designs to choose from, we understand that you may not find an option that fits exactly with what you have dreamed up in your head. Thankfully, Minted’s wedding design services program can bring any vision to life, simple or complex. Simply complete a questionnaire that asks you to share some of your vision or provide examples of other design stylings you would like to mimic and our team of designers and illustrators will begin crafting a design from scratch directed purely by your suggestions. Minted is here to make sure your wedding stationery correctly captures the excitement surrounding your event.