NO WEDDING DATE, NO PROBLEM. SEND ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT CARDS!
Congratulations on the engagement! While a lot of planning and timing may have gone into staging the perfect proposal, it’s now time to celebrate the exciting news with your closest friends and family through timely-sent engagement announcement cards. Sure a text message or social media post can quickly get the news out regarding your engagement, but will it be as meaningful and memorable as receiving handmade engagement announcements in the mail that are printed on smooth cotton-textured paper? Give your engagement the attention and prestige it deserves! Even if you don’t yet have a wedding date solidified, a mailed correspondence allows recipients to post your card on a refrigerator or kitchen counter for a lasting and frequent reminder of the exciting wedding events to come. Browse through Minted’s collection of unique designs, read up on clever announcement ideas, and personalize a card that captures the love you and your new fiance share.
BE UNIQUE. SHARE YOUR LOVE STORY IN STYLE
Minted’s designs are truly one-of-a-kind. We invite independent artists from across the globe to submit their individual designs in our regularly hosted online competitions. Our customers vote on their favorite submissions and then those top entries are sold on our site, with the contributing artist receiving a commission for each design sold. Because anyone following our submission rules can enter their design, we find that our card designs are consistently broad in style and diverse in selection. We are proud to display designs from thousands of artists from over 100 countries!
Once you find an engagement announcement design that catches your eye, we provide easy-to-use online tools to help personalize the imagery and wording printed on your cards. Swap in that sunset proposal photo and add a clever engagement announcement saying with the click of a mouse. Take a look below at some of the ways to create a memorable correspondence.
Showcase Your Love Through a Photo: As the saying goes, “An image is worth a thousand words”. Your recipients will be excited to see the newly-engaged couple smiling and embracing each other in true happiness. Share this imagery on the front, inside-panels, or back of your announcement. Set up an engagement photoshoot in the days following your engagement. You can then use these professional photos in future wedding correspondence like your save the dates, wedding website, or thank you cards. Minted even has a list of recommended photographers state by state to help you capture that stunning couple’s imagery. Here are a few poses to consider:
- Reenact the proposal - Head back to the proposal site and take your photographer with you. Recreate the look and feel of the minute they said “yes”.
- Showcase your city/town - If you both live in San Francisco, stage a shot with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.
- Closeup of the ring - Show off that new engagement ring and get a closeup shot of the couple holding hands.
- Shared activity - What do you and your fiance enjoy doing together? Whether it be hiking nature trails or surfing coastal waves, get a shot of the two of you sharing an activity you are passionate about as a couple.
- Include Fido - Are the two of you helping raise a fur baby or two? Don’t forget to include them in your engagement photoshoot!
Recap a Story: For some of your extended family or friends that live out of state, they may not be familiar with all the details of you and your new fiance. Fill them in with a fun anecdote printed on your engagement announcement cards. We have plenty of creative templates to choose from. A few stories to share include:
- How you met or the first date: Include details of where you went, who asked who, and what the calendar date was.
- Proposal story: Set the stage as to how the proposal was executed. Don’t leave any details out! Our templates allow for multiple paragraphs of text to be professionally printed. Minted has a great post on romantic proposal ideas in case you are looking for inspiration and the question has not yet been popped.
- Year in recap: Outline where the two of you are living, noteworthy accomplishments you have had, or vacations you have shared together.
Clever Engagement Announcement Sayings: Grab their attention with a funny, witty, or creative saying printed on the front of your card. Here are a few of our favorites:
- “_____ & ____ are totally engaged!”
- “She said Yes!”
- “He/She put a ring on it!”
- “Guess who’s planning a wedding?”
- “Let us tell you about our ring fling!”
For those couples that are recently engaged but unsure of an exact wedding date or venue location due to the uncertain and ever-changing restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, engagement announcements are the perfect solution to a more formal save the date card. Simply announce that you are engaged and wedding details are still being finalized. We have plenty of designs with wording that speaks to this theme, such as “no date set, stay tuned” or “we wanted to share the happy news, but don’t have a date set yet.” Minted is here to help you spread the wedding excitement that is filling your heart, no matter what stage in the wedding planning process you are in.
Once you have a design you like, picture(s) to include, and a greeting or story you wish to express, it’s time to start stitching them all together in one beautiful card concept. Review some of the personalization options Minted provides to handcraft engagement announcements you can be proud of to drop in the mail.
- Choose Size & Format: From our classic card sized at 5” x 7” and enclosed in an envelope to our smaller and more affordable postcard format, we allow you to select the format in which you want your card printed. Based on the amount of information you wish to include, decide between a flat card or a fold-over card. Lastly, adjust the cut of your card to have straight edges, rounded corners, or scalloped edges.
- Change Color Pairings: Transform a card to be printed in a recommended color scheme or a color pairing of your choosing.
- Text Manipulation: Edit all our templates to feature your exact messaging in the font of your choosing. Manipulate the font size, color, and alignment to pair perfectly with the imagery you upload.
- Add Imagery: Add one image or a collection of images to various surfaces of your announcement. Apply filters to the image like black and white or sepia to match the theme of your card.
- Enhanced Styling: We don’t limit your creativity exclusively to the confines of your card. Alter the color of your envelope, add styled recipient address labeling for free, and even add a wax seal that shows off your unique monogram as an engaged couple!
WE ARE HERE EVERY STEP OF THE WAY
Your engagement announcement cards are just the first step in the wedding correspondence process. As you begin to finalize a wedding date, we can help with sending equally elegant save the date cards and wedding invitations, help you create a professional-looking wedding website, and help with day-of decor like place cards or wedding signage. We can help you maintain a corresponding and elevated look across all your stationery!
Lean on our team of design associates for help during any stage of the personalization process. Through our online chat tools and design request fields, we allow you to ask specific questions you may have about the card manipulation process. We can help transform your design and send unlimited rounds of digital proofs for you to review before an order is placed.
Are engagement announcements the same as save the dates? No, an engagement announcement card simply shares the news that you and your fiance are recently engaged. It traditionally does not share any details about a wedding date or wedding location, which a save the date would normally feature.
Why would you send engagement announcement cards? This card option is great for the couple that has not yet finalized a wedding date or location but wishes to share the exciting relationship status update with others. Don’t let uncertainty limit your ability to share meaningful life events with your closest friends and family!