Wedding Planning Guide
what to ask your florist
1. Is my wedding date available?
2. Have you ever worked at our wedding venue(s)?
3. Do you have other weddings or events on the weekend of my wedding? (Or, do you plan to book any?)
4. Are you available to do a venue walk-through before the wedding date? If so, is there an additional fee for this?
5. Will you be doing my arrangements yourself or would it be another florist?
6. How long have you been a florist?
7. How many weddings have you done?
8. Can I see a portfolio of your work?
9. Are references and/or reviews available for me to access?
10. Have you ever worked with our wedding planner? Photographer? etc.
11. Do you have other vendor recommendations?
12. How would you describe your floral design style?
13. What flowers do you recommend, given my color palette, vision, and budget?
14. What flowers do you recommend based on the time of year/season?
15. Do you use flower foam?
16. How far in advance of the wedding will you create the floral arrangements, and how are they stored?
17. How will you transport the flowers?
18. What other decorative items (vases, candleholders, etc.) can you provide, and at what cost?
19. Are you available to advise on linens, table settings, and other rentals?
20. Can you create sample flower arrangements? If so, is there an additional fee for this?
21. Will you work with my cake designer if I decide to add flowers to my wedding cake? If so, is there an additional fee for this?
22. What happens to the flowers after the wedding?
PRICING & PAYMENT
23. How do you price your floral arrangements?
24. Is working within my budget feasible?
25. Are there any additional fees I should know about, such as delivery, setup, breakdown, or overtime charges?
26. How far in advance do I need to secure your services?
27. Will you provide me with an itemized floral proposal of all the elements we've discussed, along with prices?
28. When can I expect to receive my contract from you?
29. How much is the deposit and when is it due?
30. When is the final payment due?
31. How far in advance should I let you know of any changes to counts, colors, etc.?
32. What is your refund policy if for some reason I need to cancel my order?
33. Do you have liability insurance?
34. Will you be responsible for working with my venue to find out about any restrictions they may have in terms of decor and installation?
35. How many locations are you contracted to deliver flowers to?
36. How long do you need to set up?
37. What time will you arrive to deliver personal flowers and set up the ceremony and reception arrangements?
38. Is there an extra fee if I need you to stay throughout the ceremony to move arrangements to the reception site?