MINTED’S WEDDING RECEPTION INVITATIONS
Reception-only wedding invitations are slightly different from the more traditional wedding invitation. The more traditional option invites guests to both a wedding ceremony (think walking down the aisle, exchanging vows, placing rings on fingers, etc.) and the afterparty reception. Wedding reception invitations, on the other hand, simply invite guests to your reception party featuring food, drinks, and dancing. We have plenty of unique invite designs that can be personalized with all your special details to send out to friends and family.
USE CASES FOR RECEPTION-ONLY CARDS
As we all know, the traditional wedding celebration went through some severe adaptations in 2020 and 2021 in response to COVID-19 precautions and restrictions. Micro weddings, elopements, and city hall weddings grew in popularity. Now some recently married couples are thinking about how they can celebrate their recent union with a larger group. Below are a few scenarios where mailing these kinds of invites makes the most sense:
- Already married months ago: For your wedding ceremony, you may have hosted a small gathering with your immediate family or simply eloped. Now you want to have a legitimate reception celebration with a larger group of your best friends.
- Planning an intimate wedding: Some couples prefer to have a more private wedding ceremony with just their immediate family in attendance. Then they host a reception later in the day and open that up to a larger audience.
- Wedding venue has limited capacity: Perhaps you have 200 people coming to your reception, but your actual wedding venue is a small church that can only accommodate 50 guests. In this case, you could send reception-only invites to 150 of the guests and then formal wedding invitations to the 50 guests that will be in attendance at the ceremony as well. Those invites could then feature enclosure cards including the reception details all your other guests have already received.
HOW TO WORD WEDDING INVITATIONS FOR RECEPTION ONLY
There are clever and strategic ways to clue guests into the fact that they are invited to just a wedding reception event. Some example wording is provided below:
- “Emily Rupley and Dan Busca will be married at a small ceremony on [insert date]. Please join us in celebration at their wedding reception on [insert date and time].”
- “Becca and John invite you to celebrate their union at a wedding reception following the ceremony.”
- “Please join John and Rob for cocktails, dinner, and dancing, and help us celebrate this happy occasion!”
- “Melanie and Stew will be married in a private ceremony on [insert date] and request the pleasure of your company at their wedding reception afterward!”
- “We did it! Please help us celebrate our union on [insert date and time].”
HOW TO CREATE PERSONALIZED INVITES
Minted’s reception-only wedding invitations are a flat card measuring 5”x7” or 7”x5”, depending on the orientation of the design. This collection of cards includes designs in many different themes and looks to match a rustic venue, beach reception, boho-inspired soiree, black-tie event, and more. Some designs even feature luxe elements like metallic foil press font. Our easy-to-use online tools allow you to quickly update the look and feel of your reception-only correspondence. Below are some design elements in your control.
- Color Theme: Each of our designs can be printed in a variety of color theme options. Find one that matches your wedding decor and colors.
- Card Shape: Subtle alterations to a classic rectangular card shape can leave a lasting impression. Select from curved frames, wavy frames, rounded edges, and more. The shape you choose can help complement the wedding look you’re going for.
- Paper Quality: There are several paper types to choose from in addition to Minted’s popular Signature option, which possesses a luxe creamy cotton texture. You can also choose from a Pearlescent paper with shimmer, a Recycled option, DoubleThick paper, and more.
- Text Details and Styling: Choose to include all the important party details like location, start time, dress code, and more. Easily manipulate the font size, placement, style, and color.
- Back-of-Card Design: Leave the back of your invite blank or feature additional reception information. Tinker with over a dozen templates to tell the story of how you met, share photos, or review the timeline of your courtship.
- Custom Envelope Addressing: Upload your guests’ mailing addresses to have them professionally printed on your envelopes for free.
COORDINATE YOUR WEDDING RECEPTION STATIONERY THEME
Minted makes it easy for customers to achieve a coordinated look across all their reception stationery and signage. When you find a reception invitation design you like, we will provide additional options like RSVP cards, thank you cards, direction signs, and more that all share a similar look.