READ WHAT CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT MINTED SAVE THE DATES:
"Even through COVID19 I was able to create and send amazing save the dates." – Arizona customer, 4/30/20
"The website was super easy to use and made designing the Save The Date almost effortless! Adding to that, I was REALLY impressed with how quickly they arrived after ordering!" – North Carolina customer, 6/18/20
"My fiance and I had a difficult time picking between several different designs, they were all so good! We love the Save the Date cards we ended up picking out and have received a lot of compliments from those that received them already." – South Carolina customer, 3/26/20
PRELUDE TO A WEDDING INVITATION
Getting engaged is exciting, and you can’t wait for your big day. You want to shout it from the rooftops, “We’re getting married!” Well, we encourage you to do something a little less dangerous and a little more effective. Send a save-the-date card to your friends and family. A wedding save the date serves multiple purposes. Look at it as not only an announcement but also as a mini invite to your wedding with a promise of more details to come. With that in mind, be aware that everyone you send a save-the-date card to will be expecting an invitation to the wedding as well. So, get that guest list ready because it’s time to set the tone for your big day with the first piece of your wedding stationery.
WHY MINTED FOR MY SAVE THE DATES?
Minted products are created from the freshest designs out there, and they come to life on our luxurious papers and with our vibrant inks. Our community of artists and designers create some of the most breathtaking artwork one can imagine. These designs are entered into contests that are voted on by the same community before it becomes a save-the-date card. This process of opening our platform up to artists from all backgrounds and then enlisting them to vote guarantees that the most unique and stylish products end up on our website.
We are committed to excellence in our printing processes as well. Our paper has been specially formulated by our partners at Mohawk Fine Papers for optimal photo printing. That beautiful engagement photograph that you will be using on your Minted save the date wedding invitation will pop on any one of our stocks.
- Signature Paper: Our gold standard signature paper has a soft, creamy texture and off-white color. Optimized for high-resolution printing, this 137 lb., 17.5 point thick paper is excellent for photography.
- Smooth Signature Paper: We took our signature paper and gave it a very polished finish to really bring out the best in your photographs. The other side of the paper has the same cotton finish as our signature paper. 130 lb., 19.3 point thickness.
- Pearlescent Paper: Give your save the date wedding cards a little shimmer with our pearlescent paper. The pearly surface of this paper adds a soft glow that is elegant and sophisticated. 110 lb., 14.5 point thickness.
- 100% Recycled Paper: We care about the environment and so do you, which is why the recycled stock is an excellent choice. It is FSC certified and made from 100% post-consumer waste. This heavy stock is 160 lb., 17.5 point thickness with a smooth and matte finish.
- Doublethick : For something a little heavier, we doubled up our signature paper so brides-to-be can still have the same quality they’ve come to expect at twice the weight. 240 lb., 35 point thickness.
- Triplethick : Comparable to museum board, our Triplethick stock is the heaviest and thickest paper we produce. By taking our signature paper and layering it three times, we’ve created a luxurious option that is practically unbendable. 360 lb., 54 point thickness.
Not only is our paper luxurious and smooth to the touch, but our printers are also masters of their crafts. Artisan printing comes in many forms and Minted uses the most sophisticated and interesting techniques. We want your save the date to make an impact with your recipients. Even our standard printing produces rich imagery on our creamy papers. Consider your printing options using the guide below.
- Flat Printing: Our standard printing technique is a full-color, high-resolution digital print on the paper of your choice. The quality of our standard printing is noticeably luxurious because we want your customized design to be as beautiful as possible.
- Letterpress: Using an antique printing press, words are pressed into the paper, creating a gorgeous debossed effect. This printing technique adds an opulent three-dimensional look to your print.
- Foil-Pressed: We press a metallic finish into the paper (similar to letterpress) which adds a little shine to your save the date. Choose from one of our foil colors such as gold, silver, rose gold, glittery gold, glittery silver, ice blue, black, and bronze.
- Gloss-Press ™: A new, luxurious printing technique exclusive to Minted, featuring the beauty and subtlety of gloss, debossed on luxe paper.
CUSTOMIZATION AND PERSONALIZATION
You and your fiance are no ordinary couple, and this will be no ordinary wedding—so why settle for an ordinary save the date? We offer many ways to customize and personalize your wedding save the date so you can send out an announcement that matches your personality. Try one of the interesting printing finishes we mentioned above, like foil or Gloss-Press™. Browse our selection of save-the-date magnets for a unique product that your guests can keep on their refrigerator until the big day (and even after). We have assembled a list of some unique magnetic looks.
There are also much simpler ways to personalize your save the date. Most of our designs allow brides-to-be to change the text color, font, and even message. You could try something a little different, like “We’re getting married” or “We’re tying the knot.” Or even the most simple change of “Save Our Date.” It doesn’t get much more personalized than when you add a photograph from your engagement shoot. You can even find designs that will allow you to feature multiple photos by clicking the drop-down menu in our filters labeled “Photos.” By selecting the number “0,” you can view our selection of non-photo save the dates if that’s more your style.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What if our wedding date changes? The year 2020 has been a strange one, as couples react to COVID-19 restrictions and the changing norms around social distancing. Micro weddings at smaller and unique venues are starting to become a popular substitute. Minted also provides a wide selection of "change the date" cards or wedding postponement announcements that can be mailed to your guest list to keep them informed. You can also advise guests to frequently check your wedding website for updated information pertaining to your wedding (dates, venue, etc.). We encourage you to read through our full post on planning a wedding during the coronavirus pandemic.
How far in advance do you send out save the dates? Most brides send them out about six to eight months before the wedding. However, if you’re planning a destination wedding, you may want to send them out a bit earlier. Try sending save the dates 8-12 months in advance for destination weddings. On the flip side, you don’t want to send them out too early, as guests may throw them away and forget about the date altogether.
Whose name goes first? The woman’s name typically goes first on all pre-wedding stationery. However, don’t be afraid to stray from the norm in this detail. Set tradition aside and choose whomever’s name you would like to go first.Read through our full list of etiquette and wording suggestions.
What should I say on my save the date? The minimum amount of information you will want to include on your save the date would be the couple’s names and the date of the upcoming nuptials. Most people also include the location of the wedding. If you don’t have a venue picked out, you could just include the city and state and that would be enough information until guests receive an invitation.
Can you ask for an RSVP with a save the date? It is pretty uncommon to ask for an RSVP using a save the date. Most people will ignore it or they may not RSVP when they receive the wedding invitation. Our suggestion would be to leave it out.
Do you send save the dates to everyone? You’re only going to want to send save the dates to people you intend to invite to the actual wedding. Individuals who received a save the date but no wedding invitation later down the line will feel snubbed.
How much does it cost to print save the dates? Prices for save the dates vary based on quantity and special features. To get you started, here is the basic pricing for quantities of 100 of each different size we offer at Minted.
- Classic 7" x 5": for a quantity of 100, the unit price starts at $1.54 each
- Postcard 6" x 4.25": for a quantity of 100, the unit price starts at $1.09 each
- Petite 6" x 4.25": for a quantity of 100, the unit price starts at $1.35 each
- Magnet 6" x 4.25": for a quantity of 100, the unit price starts at $2.28 each