Photo: A Bryan Photo
The bouquet toss and its male counterpart, the garter toss, are time-honored wedding traditions. However, these days, couples who aren’t so enthusiastic about asking their single girlfriends to rush the dance floor or have Grandma watch as the groom fishes around for the garter are opting to skip the traditions altogether.
While we don’t blame them, the bouquet and garter tosses are symbolic, pass-the-torch moments—whoever catches them are believed to be the next to marry. And when done right, the traditions can be fun, silly, and competitive, and are guaranteed to provide the crowd with a good laugh. The right music will go a long way to help set the right tone for tossing the bouquet and garter; it’s meant to be an energetic, lighthearted moment so choose upbeat songs that will make your friends and family members actually want to be in the spotlight.
You may only need a short snippet of a song to be played during the bouquet toss; perhaps a slightly longer clip for the garter removal and garter toss song. Once you’ve chosen your song(s), let your DJ know the exact minute/second you’d like played so that you’re sure to catch the perfect lyrics.
This list captures some fun and popular ideas for songs to play during the bouquet toss and garter toss.
- “Take Me To Church” by Hozier
- “All the Pretty Girls” by fun.
- “Mission: Impossible Theme” by Lalo Schifrin
- “Single Ladies” by Beyoncé
- “Brick House” by The Commodores
- “Just A Girl” by No Doubt
- “She's A Lady” by Tom Jones
- “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction
- “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk
- “She Drives Me Crazy” by Fine Young Cannibals
- “Feeling Good” by Michael Buble
- “Le Freak” by Chic
- “Livin’ La Vida Loca” by Ricky Martin
- “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
- “Wishin’ and Hopin” by Dusty Springfield
- “Wannabe” by Spice Girls
- “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!” by ABBA
- “You Can't Hurry Love” by The Supremes
- “It's Raining Men” by The Weather Girls
- “Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe” by Barry White
- “One Way Or Another” by Blondie
- “Oh, Pretty Woman” by Roy Orbison
- “American Woman” by Lenny Kravitz
- “Foxy Lady” by Jimi Hendrix
- “I Put A Spell On You” by Creedence Clearwater Revival
- “Big Girls Don't Cry” by The Four Seasons
- “Bad To The Bone” by George Thorogood
- “A Little Less Conversation” by Elvis Presley
- “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
- “Love Is A Battlefield” by Pat Benatar