Spring Wedding Invitation Ideas
To set the tone for your springtime celebration, send your wedding guests an invitation that says spring. Turn to nature for inspiration—the budding blossoms, chirping birds, and verdant greenery are perfect motifs to incorporate into your wedding invitations and stationery. Some of our favorite ideas:
- Watercolor swashes and brushstrokes in soft, pretty shades would beautifully complement a romantic springtime celebration.
- Pastel colors are popular for spring weddings, but also consider other season-inspired hues like lush greens, cheery yellows, and soft blues.
- Florals are a classic motif and there are many styles to choose from. Opt for hand-painted or watercolor designs for a more romantic feel; for a more vintage-inspired look, consider invitation designs featuring intricate hand-drawn florals and botanicals. If you prefer a bit more drama, look to the lush, free-flowing flower arrangements by Dutch painters in the 16th century, which were set against dark, moody backdrops.
- Floral-patterned envelope liners are a lovely addition to your wedding invitation suite and add a delightful pop of pattern and color.
- Flowers aren’t the only harbingers of spring—the bountiful produce the season brings can also inspire your stationery. Think: sweet illustrations of beautiful fruits and vegetables on your wedding stationery to create a chic farmers-market vibe.
Photo by Amy Arrington Photography
Spring Wedding Attire Ideas
If you're hosting a spring wedding, make sure everyone’s wedding-day look speaks to the season. Here are our top spring wedding attire ideas:
- If you’re feeling bold, wear a floral-patterned wedding gown in soft shades of blush, lavender, or pale blue.
- Want to stick with white? We love wedding dresses with subtle floral details like embroidered lace blooms, 3-D floral appliqués, or hand-painted flowers.
- Dress your bridesmaids in floral-patterned dresses in pretty pastels, like dusty blue, lavender, or blush. But remember, there’s no need to dress everyone exactly the same: Mixing-and-matching bridesmaid dresses in complementing colors looks elegant and chic.
- Since the weather is warming up, choose bridesmaid dresses in a lighter material, such as chiffon or crepe. But it will likely still be chilly at night, so think about giving the bridesmaids pretty wraps that complement their dresses.
- Tie the wedding party’s look together with floral-patterned ties and pocket squares for the groom and groomsmen.
Spring Wedding Flower Ideas
Spring is prime time for flowers, so you’re guaranteed to have the prettiest blooms at your wedding. Some of our favorite floral ideas:
- Use blossoming branches like pear, crabapple, cherry blossom, or dogwood to create striking, larger-scale arrangements.
- Dainty spring flowers like fritillaria, muscari, and lily of the valley look classic and elegant arranged in simple bud vases.
- Ask your florist to create a bridal bouquet comprised entirely of spring blossoms, including hellebores, sweet peas, tulips, ranunculuses, and anemones.
- For reception tables, instead of tight, compact arrangements, opt for centerpieces that are loose and flowy in style, which reflect the lushness of the spring season.
- At the end of the evening, repurpose the centerpieces into smaller bouquets wrapped in kraft paper and ribbon; invite guests to take some blooms home to enjoy after the wedding.
Photo by Lacie Hansen
Spring Wedding Ceremony Ideas
Here are some of our favorite ways to usher in spring during your wedding ceremony:
- Have your florist line the ceremony aisle with blooming flowers in a low container to look as if they’re sprouting from the ground.
- Send your flower girl down the aisle wearing a crown of spring blooms.
- Exchange vows in front of a ceremony arch made entirely of fresh flowers and greenery.
- If the forecast is iffy, be sure to provide umbrellas for guests in case there are unexpected showers.
- Instead of rice, provide guests with dried flower petals or lavender buds for tossing during the recessional.
Spring Wedding Reception Ideas
Keep the spring theme going by featuring botanicals at your reception venue. These are some easy ways to spring forward:
- Garnish your signature cocktails with colorful edible flowers.
- Create a large wall adorned with fresh greenery and affix escort cards to the vines.
- Work with your caterer to come up with a menu that incorporates your favorite in-season fruits and vegetables.
- Instead of white dinner plates, rent floral-patterned china to add a pop of color to your reception tables.
- Create a floral-patterned dance floor using gobo lights or large-scale decals.
Spring Wedding Cake Ideas
Here are some fresh ways to give your wedding dessert some springtime flair:
- Decorate your cake with sugar flowers that mimic the spring blooms in your bridal bouquet.
- Or, instead of sugar flowers or fresh flowers, decorate your cake tiers with seasonal fruit, like strawberries, raspberries, kumquats, or fresh figs.
- Work with your baker to select cake flavors that reflect the season, like citrus, berry, or even herbs (think: lemon with sage or grapefruit with rosemary).
- Instead of an all-white confection, why not display a colorful cake? Lilac, lemon yellow, and soft blush—all of these shades would make for a beautiful, delectable wedding cake.
- Watercolor patterns can also translate onto a cake—ask your baker to cover the cake tiers in spring-inspired shades of buttercream.
- Instead of topping your wedding cake with flowers, have your cake designer hand-paint floral prints onto the fondant-covered tiers.
Photo by Rustic White
Spring Wedding Favors Ideas
Send off loved ones home with these spring-themed favor ideas:
- Shortbread cookies topped with edible flowers and herbs.
- Spring signifies flowers, and flowers mean bees—send guests home with beeswax taper or votive candles to light at home.
- Seed packets of local wildflowers for guests to plant in their yard.
- Small potted herbs or succulents are a lovely reminder of your spring celebration.
- Delicate glass bud vases displaying a single bloom can double as an escort-card holder and take-home favor.
- Package your favorite sweets in watercolor favor boxes and seal them with a personalized floral-patterned sticker.
- Discover more unique favor and gift ideas in The Minted Weddings Color Library™.