HOST A DISTANCED CELEBRATION WITH VIRTUAL BABY SHOWER INVITATIONS
Around the world, COVID-19 has caused people to re-imagine how to celebrate certain life events and occasions, such as the arrival of a newborn child. Whether you’re hosting a socially distanced shindig for a coworker, family member, or close friend, we have a wide range of virtual baby shower invitations that will have attendees excited to dial into your online celebration. An added benefit of a virtual shower is that out-of-town guests who would have not been able to attend an in-person event can now have a front-row seat to the celebration and fun.
SHOWER THE MOTHER-TO-BE WITH A UNIQUE PARTY THEME
Regardless of the location of your baby-welcoming celebration, a fun party theme is a must! Minted has an assortment of virtual invite designs to coordinate with your theme perfectly. Some ideas include:
- Flower Shower Theme: Flowers and plants are symbolic of new life and Minted has numerous colorful invitation designs to go with this theme. Choose from bold blooming flowers and cute plants sprouting out of a pot, just to name a couple. You can pair this look with beautiful flower arrangements positioned in the background of your call or by sending each virtual attendee a special bouquet or packet of flower seeds in advance of the video call.
- Drive Through Drop Off: For a socially-distanced celebration, invite guests to drive by and drop off fun gifts for the mom-to-be and baby. This is a fun way for the expecting mother to wave from afar at loved ones during an unconventional time. We have card designs created specifically for this type of celebration.
- Winter Shower: A global pandemic isn’t the only thing that keeps people indoors! The freezing winter months come with snow and ice that often make it impossible to travel safely and celebrate having a baby in person. If you’re wanting a large turnout for a winter shower, consider going virtual and playing up the winter theme. We have plenty of baby shower invitations for a virtual party that features snow, thermoses, pine trees, winter animals, and more.
- Baby Book Drive: Who doesn’t want a little Einstein? Send out baby shower virtual invitations that ask attendees to help you stock your nursery full of books for your baby girl or baby boy. You can even play a game at your shower that discovers which guest knows the most famous children’s book characters by name. If you want additional game ideas, check out our complete article on fun baby shower games.
- Additional Popular Themes: Minted has hundreds of additional card designs to shop in our full baby shower invitations collection, including designs featuring cute animals, florals, the stork, rainbows, jungle creatures, and more. No matter what baby shower invitations collection you are thinking of, our card templates can be easily updated to include details for a virtual party.
INFO TO INCLUDE IN YOUR VIRTUAL BABY SHOWER INVITATIONS
Make it easy for your guests to digest all the important about your upcoming party. In turn, you will most likely receive more prompt RSVPs. Here is the key information to include on your baby shower virtual invitations:
- Name of the parents/mom
- Date and time of the party
- Link to log in and password (if needed)
- How and when to RSVP
- Gift registry details.
If it’s a surprise party or a gender reveal party, also include that information on the card.
PERSONALIZE YOUR CARDS
Minted’s virtual baby shower invitations are completely customizable through our easy-to-use online tools. Make changes and have your perfect design ready to go in five minutes or less! We have outlined design elements you can personalize below:
- Color Theme: Once you find a card you like, you may want to choose a more masculine or feminine color based on whether the expecting mother is having a boy or girl. Or, you may want to keep it gender-neutral for a gender reveal party.
- Pick a Format: Minted offers two sizes, a postcard format (4.25” x 6”) or a classic size (5” x 7”), which includes an envelope. The postcard option is a more affordable choice but may have less space to include party details, as the address info takes up half of one side.
- Select the Text: Within each card template, you can pick font colors that match your online baby shower theme, select fonts that match the styling, and change up the size and placement of the copy so all your important party details can fit on the card.
- Card Backing: Add specific details to the back of your card. This is where you can include book registry info, gift registry info, pregnancy pictures, or even compose some text the participants may need to reference in a game while on the virtual call!
- Envelopes: Minted has colorful envelope options to choose from. You can even have recipient addresses printed on your envelopes in a coordinated style for free. Use our iPhone app to collect addresses with ease!
DON’T FORGET ADDITIONAL MATCHING ITEMS FOR YOUR VIRTUAL EVENT
For a perfectly executed shower, there are a few other items we recommend using to tie in with your design. Once you have perfected the look of your baby shower virtual invitations, consider how your day-of decor and post-party thank you cards can maintain a consistent theme. Consider items like:
- Baby Shower Stickers: Even if your shower is virtual, sending your guests a surprise in the mail before the shower can be a thoughtful gesture. It could be treats to enjoy during the virtual party, props, or items needed to play games. Regardless, when you package these items, make sure to seal them with an adorable sticker that matches your party theme for consistency.
- Baby Shower Tags: If you’re sending items to your guests and would prefer to attach a personalized tag, we offer beautiful options in different sizes, shapes, and designs to match your shower theme. You could even have these attached to goodie bags for guests that stop by for a drive-by shower.
- Thank You Cards: Shop our collection of baby shower thank you cards to find a design that pairs well with the invites you sent. You could order these cards along with your invites, so they can be quickly mailed once your presents are opened.