The last day to mail Christmas cards to your family and friends can sneak up on even the most diligent holiday planner. Luckily, Minted has you covered with a variety of shipping options that will ensure your season’s greetings make it to their recipients in time. We even offer a rush shipping option for those last-minute senders.
Worried about when you will receive your holiday order? Using Minted’s Shipping Calculator, simply enter the item you are interested in purchasing, select your purchase date and shipping service, and we will tell you your estimated delivery date. Minted offers the following shipping speeds: standard shipping takes 6-9 business days, priority shipping is 3-day shipping, expedited is 2-day shipping, and the rush option is overnight shipping.
This year, Minted is also offering a new shipping option - Super Rush, where we work extra hard to process your order faster and we ship your item more quickly. Super Rush shipping is one day faster than Rush Shipping and costs $54.95. This new shipping option is available on the following express service or web to print products: cards, envelopes (blank and printed), gift tags, greeting cards, stickers, party and wedding pick and pack, party printed on-demand, notebooks, calendars, place cards, postcards, wedding programs, wedding signs (non-foil), wrapping paper.
Deerly by Lori Wemple
Shipping and Ordering Tips
Always choose the fastest shipping option available for your order to ensure that you don’t miss the last day to mail Christmas cards. Remember that you can change your shipping methods all the way up until your order reaches production. Make sure that you look out for your digital proof and review it as soon as you receive an email notification from Minted. This helps speed up the processing time.
You may also be interested in trying our Express Service. For eligible designs that require less customization, we will send your order directly to print after you place it, discarding any design requests and forgoing providing a digital proof of your item. You can select this service on the preview screen before you add the item to your cart and complete the order.
Shipping and Ordering Tips
There are many holiday shipping dates to keep in mind. Below is a summary of send by dates so that your holiday cards and gifts arrive before December 25. Depending on what service you use (USPS, FedEx or UPS), there are different deadlines.
United States Postal Service
- USPS Retail Ground: mail by December 14
- First-Class Mail: mail by December 20
- Priority Mail: mail by December 21
- Priority Mail Express (also known as Christmas cards rush delivery): mail by December 23.
Wonderland by Eve Schultz
FedEx, follow these guidelines to ensure that everything deliveries by December 25.
- FedEx Ground: ship by December 16
- FedEx 2Day: ship by December 20
- FedEx Standard or Priority Overnight: ship by December 23.
- FedEx SameDay: ship on December 25 for those really last-minute deliveries
If using UPS, these dates will get your deliveries to their destinations on December 24.
- UPS Ground: ship by December 13
- UPS 3 Day Select: ship by December 19
- UPS 2nd Day Air: ship by December 20
- UPS Next Day Air: ship by December 23
If you plan on using services like Next Day Air or Same Day, we recommend contacting your chosen shipping service’s office. There are cutoff times for different areas of the country that you should plan for. These can vary by the shipping office location and by the destination.
Shipping Deadlines Q&A
- Question: "When is the last day to mail Christmas cards?"
- Answer: If you are using USPS First-Class Mail to mail your Christmas Cards, you should mail your letters by December 20.
- Question: "Will the post office deliver on Christmas Eve?"
- Answer: Yes, the post office delivers on Christmas Eve. However, keep in mind that it does not pick up or deliver on Christmas Day.
- Question: "What are the postage stamp rules for holiday cards?"
- Answer: 2019 postage rates are as follows
- A First Class Mail Letter (1 oz.) is $0.55. For each additional ounce, it costs 15¢.
- Remember that if your envelopes are square, it will cost you an extra 15¢ per letter in addition to the postage required for the weight and dimensions of your envelope. This means, for 1 oz letter, you will need a 70¢ stamp.
- A First-Class Mail Flat/Large Envelope (1 oz.) is $1.00. For each additional ounce, it costs 15¢.
- A Postcard costs 35¢.
Winter Ice by Morgan Ramberg