LEAN ON THE MINTED PROS FOR WALL ART TIPS
While we all have our own unique tastes and sense of style, it often proves very challenging to accurately and beautifully portray this style through interior design and wall art choices. We have all experienced a situation where a certain article of clothing catches our eye in the store, but when we go home and try it on or pair it with a set of existing shoes or purse, the recent purchase just does not have the same appeal. Selecting appropriate wall art can have the same challenges. You may have your eye on a stunning photograph of a sandy southern California coastline framed in a naturally-weathered wood frame, but once it is mounted on your wall, it just doesn’t seem to complement the leather furniture and your pre-existing watercolor paintings. This is where Minted can step in and provide curated Minted art selections online for free! Our team of art specialists is well versed in Minted’s fine art collection, has helped thousands of customers style their unique spaces, and will enjoy working hand in hand with you to share wall art tips you may never have considered!
WE MAKE IT EASY
We understand that every wall is different. From the shape, size, and color of the wall to other elements like the presence of a window opening and surrounding furniture, we want to make sure we have a complete understanding of the canvas we are being asked to bring to life. Our wall art interior design service first started through email exchanges we had with our customers years ago and has now evolved into a user-friendly “text us your wall” program. Simply take a picture on your phone of the wall you wish to add art to and send us those images. You will immediately receive a text back asking you a range of questions such as your preferred art style, color palette, the number of art pieces you are thinking of featuring, and a budget you are working with. Respond in text with your answers and you will be paired with a Minted art stylist.
Within 2-3 business days, you should receive some wall art recommendations personalized to your tastes and space. How cool is that! Because our stylists have assisted thousands of customers with personalized wall art tips, we are very familiar with our collection of beautiful fine art offerings consistently submitted by independent artists from around the world. Whether your style is modern, contemporary, or a bit eclectic, we can help curate the prints that best suit your room. After reviewing our recommended selections with you, we will share a digitally rendered mockup of our suggested art prints, showcasing recommended sizes, frame styles, and ideal placement on your wall. These same art selections will be placed in your virtual shopping cart located in your Minted account, making checkout a breeze.
Our team of stylists each has their own unique backgrounds and training that make them well-suited to help in your art-inspired interior design needs. With college degrees in disciplines ranging from architecture to graphic design and studio arts, we have an eye for design perfection. Since launching our “Text Us Your Wall” program in 2018, our team has assisted over 15,000 customers, each with their own unique style and decor requests. We have helped families create a stunning gallery wall in their living room. We have assisted parents in selecting the playful art for their nursery. We have even styled waiting rooms, dentist exam rooms, and spa or therapist offices that are all looking to create a soothing experience for their customers. For those customers looking for additional room decor guidance beyond our wall art, we can also provide coordinating advice on styled items like curtains, throw pillows, and lamp shades, which Minted provides through our home decor goods. With each project we have completed, we have gained further knowledge and design expertise that we can tap into as we finalize your individual wall art recommendations.
WALL ART TIPS WE CAN HELP YOU THINK THROUGH
As you may or may not have experienced yet, there are many considerations that need to be well thought through when selecting artwork for a room. If you are planning a gallery wall, what art pieces pair nicely together and what order should the pieces be arranged? Does a smaller print with a padded matting fit a space better, or would a large 40” x 54” statement piece create a better ambiance? With so many things to think through, it makes sense to have a second opinion. When our Minted stylists provide you with a rendering of your wall with our art selections placed on it, they will help you think through some of the below design elements.
- Number of Art Pieces: As you add more and more artwork to a wall, the curation of that artwork and placement of the pieces becomes more and more challenging. Minted has a collection of beautiful fine art pairings sorted in styles ranging in colors from bold and beautiful to black and white. Our stylists have paired countless pieces of art together to create a pleasurable tandem art experience. If a gallery wall featuring a collection of three or more pieces is desired, we can help you achieve a professional look you can be proud of. Depending on your budget and the amount of artwork you would like to feature, we can even include a suggested layout that features a collection of your own personal art mixed in with arrangements of new Minted art. With so many arrangement possibilities ranging from orderly and symmetrical to asymmetrical, we can help achieve the mood and look you are striving for.
- Frame Size and Style: Minted has 17 different frame styles to pair with your fine art. Made of either metal or wood, pick from frame options ranging in colors like black, white, grey, walnut, copper, and silver. We even have a few frames that feature pattern work or a distressed look to add extra character to the wall art. Don’t forget about the size of your frame! Our prints can be custom ordered in many different sizes ranging from our smallest size of 5” x 7” to our largest size of 40” x 54”. Our stylists will recommend a print size and accompanying frame style based on your style preferences received in the quick survey and visual elements seen in your wall photo.
- Matting Style: Customize your wall art selections further with four optional border and matting techniques provided by Minted. A classic white border around your art selection can present a different tone compared to a more dramatic float-mounted display. Discover what online interior design recommendations we provide regarding the presentation of your framed art.
- Color Selection: There is a science to pairing colors. Certain accepted formulas and arrangements derived from the color wheel are proven to be harmonious. Other color combinations should be shied away from. Simple yet luxurious black and white imagery can pair nicely with almost any pre-existing color scheme for a room. Think through how you wish to celebrate color in your unique space.
- Hanging vs. Leaning: Just like there is more than one way to peel a banana, there are multiple ways a framed piece of art can be presented. The most traditional option is to hang wall art from a wire. There have been scenarios where our stylists have recommended a decorative art shelf to rest our artwork on. Based on the size and orientation of your wall, we may suggest a copper or wooden art shelf to bring added character to your space.
- Alignment: Should your artwork be hung at eye level? Should it line up with the height of a nearby window, mantle, or wainscoting? How do you account for a light switch that may be in the middle of a wall? There are so many things to consider when formulating a strategy on where to hang your wall decor. Our digital rendering will show our recommended alignment of the artwork we selected specifically for your wall to save you any unneeded stress!
WHY MINTED ART?
Minted has built a brand around exclusive art that draws its origins from the most creative independent artists located around the globe. Artists from at least 100 countries continually submit their one-of-a-kind designs into our online competitions for a chance to have their work produced and sold on Minted. We regularly receive submissions from endless styles of art forms ranging from watercolor paintings to landscape photography. When Minted combines our excellence in manufacturing, technology, and printing with superior artistic designs contributed by our community of independent artists, we find the end result is a win for both our customers and the artist community. Our team of stylists is standing by to share our wall art tips and recommendations intended to wow everyone that enters your home or business.