I recently threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law and, while I knew about it for months, I procrastinated as usual and put it all together in just a week’s time. Amazingly, it turned out just how I wanted it to, so here are my tips and timeline advice on throwing a great shower when you find yourself short on time:
One Month Before the Shower:
• Mail the baby shower invitations (okay, so this is the only step that should be done more than a week out).
One Week Before the Shower:
• Order florals. I ordered bay leaf and seeded eucalyptus garlands and peonies from Flower Muse. Accessibility to great florals is limited in my area so ordering online was the way to go. The quality was great and all the guests commented on how nice the garlands smelled.
• Order cookie containers to pass out as favors.
• Order any other supplies that aren’t convenient for you to buy locally, like pretty paper plates and decorations.
Three Days Before the Shower:
• Print “motherly advice” cards and cookie-favor labels and trim.
Two Days Before the Shower:
• Purchase food and any final supplies. The menu for this shower included turkey/bacon/pesto sandwiches, pasta and green salads, guacamole and chips, smoothies, and chocolate cake.
One Day Before the Shower:
• Food prep, which included making cookies for the favors
• Hang balloons from ceiling with fishing line and tape
Day of the Shower:
• Finish food prep
• Arrange florals
• Set out party favors
Completely doable right?! Proof that a great party doesn’t have to take loads of time.
• Baby banner, lanterns, and cake plates from Meri Meri
• Greenery garlands and peonies from Flower Muse
• Table linen fabric from Minted
• Pint containers (for cookies) on Amazon
• Letter board from Letterfolk
More How-To Guides:
• How To: Host the Prettiest Spring Brunch
• How To: Create an Art Gallery Wall at Home
• How To: Make Mini “Naked” Cakes
More from Minted:
MORE AFTER THE
• Stickers and Labels
• Name Labels