Written by Mimi Werdegar
Congratulations! Now that your design has won a Minted challenge, your next step is to write a product description. Product descriptions appear in the bottom right of each product page under the “Details” tab. To match the high quality and luxe standard we hold our designs to, your product descriptions must also be impeccable. Don’t let this scare you, though — each description should only be a couple sentences at most! Find helpful advice for writing product descriptions after the jump.
- Your description should be 1-2 sentences long. It should be descriptive and concise.
- Use complete sentences. This will create consistency, and works to avoid one or two word product descriptions.
- Use proper punctuation, including periods at the ends of each sentence, as well as correct spelling and proper grammar.
- Speak in the third person. (E.g. “An elegant wedding invitation bordered by luxurious botanicals,” as opposed to, “I created an elegant wedding invitation bordered by luxurious botanicals.”)
- Use a professional and friendly tone.
- Do not plagiarize. Learn about including lyrics, quotes, and more in your designs >>
To help you put all those tips together, we gathered some examples of great product descriptions.
“This chic letterpressed wedding invitation features hand-drawn florals and an elegant yet modern layout.”
“Blushing” by Nicoletta Savod.
“Send bright and happy new year wishes with this one photo card featuring bold type and painted textures.”
“Happy and bright” by Bonjour Berry.
“Hand painted lines intersect to create an artistic statement on this modern save the date.”
“Artistic” by Kate Ahn.
“This foil-pressed save the date uses hand-drawn watercolor marks to create an elegant look.”
“spreading love” by Susanne Kasielke.
At Minted, we value authenticity and quality. This holds true for all of the writing on our site. Minted reserves the right to edit your product description before it is published. This is to maintain high quality and mistake-free content on our site.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Mimi Werdegar is a Marketing and Artist Relations intern this summer at Minted. As an English major, avid writer, and advocate for Humanities, she’s passionate about working with artist and writer communities. In her free time, she listens to podcasts about Shakespeare and bakes desserts.
Published August 20, 2019Comments Off on How to Write Your Minted Product Description