by Olivia Goree
May 10, 2019
How to easily place high-resolution photos into Adobe Illustrator files
There are a variety of ways to place an image into Adobe Illustrator, but one process in particular optimizes your file for the Minted Production team (and helps avoid errors with large . Follow these steps to place a photo in your file and scale it down within Illustrator.
1. In Illustrator, go to “File” > “Place”.
2. Select the desired photo from the pop-up box and click “Place”.
3. Click and drag the photo to achieve the desired photo size.
Then to scale down the photo…
4. With the photo selected, go to “Object” > “Rasterize”.
5. In the “Resolution” section, select “High (300 ppi)”.
Make sure “Background” is set to “Transparent,” then click “OK”.
Olivia Goree is a Community Support Specialist on the Artist Relations Team at Minted. She is the design community’s source of contact regarding file preparation and submission. She is also a member of the Minted community and has a strong passion for hand-lettering and typography, which can be seen in her work. Visit Olivia’s Minted Artist Store and follow her on Instagram @oliviagoree or @oliviagoreedesign.