Written by Leah Conroy
While the rest of the world gets into the holiday spirit in late November, at Minted, we start the process in the spring. That’s when we invited Minted artists to submit designs to the Do You Hear What I Hear? Religious Christmas Photo Card Challenge, our second faith-based design challenge. We developed this competition to produce cards for people who are specifically looking for religious or spiritual Christmas greetings and designs.
Since the spring, Minted artists have been heads-down, focused on creating the most beautiful, unique holiday card designs in the world. They’ve also been anxiously awaiting this blog post — the kickoff of our annual winner announcements for some of our most anticipated and celebrated Minted Design Challenges of the year.
For our 10th annual holiday card season, we’re thrilled with the creativity of designs that artists submitted. The Minted Artist community continues to surpass our expectations in design for the most unique, cutting-edge holiday cards. We appreciate every artist who submitted a design, gave a critique, voted in a design poll, and shared festive posts in the Minted Community Facebook group to help fellow community members get in the holiday spirit. At the end of the day, the heart and soul of who Minted is centers around our global community of independent artists.
Here’s the start of our winner countdown, as determined by voters, for the Do You Hear What I Hear Religious Christmas Photo Card. Heartfelt congrats to our first group of holiday winners!
TOP 20-11 WINNERS: 2017 RELIGIOUS CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY CARD CHALLENGE
- Rachel Nanfelt of Alethea & Ruth’s splendid treatment of carefully placed vertical copy beautifully complements the trio of photos in this design.
- The word “Hallelujah” rings loud and clear in Heather Buchma’s design.
- The “Adore Him” message is an elegant touch for a family photo in Brianne Larsen of Peony Papeterie’s design.
- The underlined “always” in Lea Delaveris’ beautifully simple design reminds us to cherish the little things.
- Makewells’ ornately hand-drawn “Whimsical Glory” bursts with cheerful Christmas delight.
- The majestic gold foil lettering over royal purple in Laura Bolter’s “Let Earth Receive her King” makes for striking and elegant design.
- Chris Griffith’s delicate holly leaf trim and classic curvilinear text resemble a vintage fireside read in “Christmas Wonders of Love.”
- Sweta Modi’s jubilant full-bleed design exalts a simple and joyful message.
- Makewells’ “Harkly Sparkly” design truly shines in gold against deep purple.
- The dainty, classic type in Wildfield Paper Co.’s “Symmetrical Floral Border” nests perfectly among her watercolored botanicals, making for an ethereal and balanced photo frame.
Please note that we will keep the Challenge page hidden until our last winners’ announcement. At that time, you will be able to see final scores and rankings on the Challenge page.
Stay tuned! We’ll continue to announce Minted Holiday 2017 winners in the Minted Community > Winners section of Julep.
Leah Conroy is the Baby & Kids Merchant for Minted and is currently serving as the interim Holiday merchant while Amy Cardillo is on maternity leave.
Published September 7, 2017
Comments Off on 2017 RELIGIOUS CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY CARD CHALLENGE: TOP 20-11 WINNERS