Written by Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon of Alice & Lois
Refresh and brighten your home this month with this easy DIY project. We started with a simple wood clock base and added some beautiful abstract-patterned fabric (“Painterly Splash” by Alethea and Ruth) to create a one-of-a-kind home decor piece. The brushstrokes have a modern, painterly touch while the gray and coral tones add a soothing splash of color to any room. And the possibilities are endless—instead of fabric, you could use leftover wallpaper, wrapping paper, or even your kid’s artwork.
Click through for the step-by-step instructions …
• Round clock base (I got mine at Target in the kid’s craft section)
• Fabric (“Painterly Splash” by Alethea and Ruth)
• Mod Podge
• Foam brush
1. Trace the edge of the clock base onto the backside of your fabric.
2. Cut out the circle shape.
3. Brush Mod Podge onto the top of clock and place the fabric on top of the glue; be sure to smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles.
4. Using sharp scissors, make a cut into the center of the clock where the hands will go; trim the fabric in the center.
5. If the fabric is fraying on the edges, you can lightly brush Mod Podge on the fabric edges.
6. Place the hands in the center of clock (per the clock base directions).
Photos: Sara Albers