Official Rules Set forth below are the rules for Minted’s #MintedRings Engagement Photo Contest. This document sets forth the entry requirements, the judging criteria, ownership of entries and other important rules governing this Contest. It is very important that you read these rules carefully before entering the Contest, as you will be bound to these rules if you enter the Contest. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest.
1. Entry Period. The Minted #MintedRings Engagement Photo Contest (“Contest”) begins December 23 at 12:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”), at which time submissions will first be accepted. Minted will accept submissions through 11:59 pm CT February 19, 2017 (the “Submission Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. Entrants are responsible for determining the corresponding time zone in their respective jurisdictions. This contest is best experienced on a desktop computer.
2. Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by Minted LLC, 747 Front Street, San Francisco, California 94111 (the “Sponsor” or “Minted”).
3. Eligibility. The Contest is open to legal residents of, who are located within, the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) and to members of the US and Canadian Armed Forces stationed abroad. Entrants must have reached the legal age of majority based on the laws applicable in their place of residence at the time of entry and be the owner of the copyright in the entry photo. Employees of Minted Group, Inc., Minted Partners L.P. and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies as well as the immediate family (spouses, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable national, federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
4. How to Enter.
NO PURCHASE IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
BEST EXPERIENCED ON A DESKTOP COMPUTER
YOU MUST OWN OR HAVE PERMISSION FROM THE ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHER TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY
PARTICIPANTS MAY SUBMIT MULTIPLE ENTRIES: EACH MUST BE A NEW PHOTO WITH A NEW UNIQUE MINTED FRAME OR STICKER. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PARTICIPANT WILL WIN
EMPLOYEES OF MINTED ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ENTER
During the Submission Period, visit the Minted #mintedrings Engagement Photo tool located at: minted.com/gifts/engagement-pictures, fill out the entry form and upload your image into the tool and use the tool to add custom Minted Weddings frame or sticker, created by our community of artists, and then share your engagement photo on your social media channels through the “Engagement Photo” tool with: #mintedrings + @minted. You will be required to provide an email address to participate. All entries are final upon submission. In order to be entered for a chance to win you must submit an entry by 11:59 pm CT on February 19, 2017. Participants are not required to pay or give any consideration in order to participate. Void where prohibited.
5. Photo and Sticker Caption Requirements. a. photos must be in .jpg, .gif, or .png image formats. b. photos must be taken by the entrant, must not be professional photos, must be unpublished and may not have won any prize or award. c. submission must not contain material that violates or infringes the rights of another, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights or that constitutes copyright infringement. d. submissions should not contain brand names or trademarks (other than Minted). e. submissions should not contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses. f. submissions should not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, unless you have received express consent from such person that you are allowed to post a photo of such person to our Instagram account for inclusion in this Contest. g. submissions should not communicate a message or image that is inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate. h. submissions should not violate any laws. i. submissions should be clear and in focus and the average viewer should be able to identify what is captured in the photo. j. submissions should not contain material that is inappropriate for posting on a public website, such as obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, disqualify, modify, edit, and revise entries, photos, or related materials that Sponsor deems to be obscene, defamatory, profane, offensive, lewd, pornographic, false, misleading, deceptive, or otherwise inconsistent with its editorial standards, audience expectations, or reputational interests or that Sponsor believes may violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of any third party. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify any element of any entry or related materials, request additional information and to disqualify any entrant whose participation may subject Contest, Sponsor or Sponsor’s customers to controversy, negative publicity, scorn or ridicule. By submitting an entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the entry to be posted on Sponsor’s Instagram page, on www.facebook.com/Minted; on Minted.com; in e-mails from Sponsor; on Sponsor’s blogs and on Sponsor’s social network channels (including, but not limited to Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest) and on Sponsor’s other websites, and as Sponsor otherwise sees fit in Sponsor’s promotional programs. Entrant understands that entries may also be shared by other Instagram and social media users. Entrant is hereby granting Sponsor an unlimited license to use the entry in any form or manner and allowing Sponsor the right to alter or amend the entry. Entrant will not object to any use by Sponsor of the entry and is waiving all moral rights associated with the entry. By submitting an entry, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many entries in connection with this Contest and/or other promotions staged and/or promoted by the Sponsor, and that such entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other entries made in connection with this Contest and/or other promotions promoted by Sponsor or submitted for other reasons, or to other materials developed by the Sponsor. Each entrant waives any and all claims that any entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used may be similar, or that any compensations is due to any entrant in connection with such entry or other works used by Sponsor. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or practices, or by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. CT on February 19, 2017, to be eligible. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. Drawing/Judging. Minted will collect all entries submit with a confirmed with an email address, and randomly draw (1) grand prize winner. The (2) runner-up winners will be chosen by Minted Wedding Editors for “Most Romantic” (Eg. dreamy, whimsical, nostalgic, or glamorous photos celebrating your unique romance) and “Most Creative” (Eg. unique photos charming or cleverly paired with designs from the #MintedRings frame + sticker collection).
7. Winner Notification. Potential winners will be notified via email and may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Ownership, IRS W9 form or other tax related forms, Release of Liability/Publicity or other documentation as requested by Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date of notification or an alternate winner may be selected. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact any potential winner or any potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, a runner-up winner may be selected. If a Canadian resident wins a prize, that person must also answer correctly within a 5 minute time period a mathematical skill-testing question without the benefit of any calculating devices before the prize will be awarded.
8. Prizes. Prize: The grand prize winner will receive $1000 (USD) in Minted Weddings credits, $35 (USD) credit to purchase a Minted Wedding Website (Premium), and a consultation with a Minted Wedding Stationery Stylist. Runners-up (2 participants) will receive $250 (USD) credit to Minted Weddings order.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes selected are subject to availability. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer a prize or redeem a prize (or portion thereof) for cash. Winners must provide a valid ship-to address to Sponsor within 10 days of request from Sponsor or winner may forfeit his/her prizes. Sponsor will pay for shipment of the prizes to the winners, but the winners must ship the prizes to a location within the area of eligibility. Winners are responsible for all applicable national, federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. The awarding of any prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules.
9. License for Use of Entries. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants, and represents and warrants that the entrant has the rights and authority necessary to grant to Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully sub-licensable license and right to exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the entry and all elements of such entry, including, without limitation, the likeness of any locations or people embodied therein, in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification of entrant or any third party.
10. Privacy. When you enter, we collect personal information such as your name and email address. This information is used to administer the Contest and, to contact you if we have questions about your entry or to notify you if you are a winner. When you enter, you may also be asked if you would like to sign up to receive emails from Minted about our products and promotions. Signing up to receive these emails will be optional and is not required to enter the contest. If you do sign up to receive emails from Minted, you will be entered into Sponsor’s database to receive marketing emails and you acknowledge that Sponsor may send you information and special offers it believes may be of interest to you.
11. Release and Limitation of Liability. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and any organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Contest and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, parent companies, and each of such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (c) technical errors related to computers, servers, or telephone or network lines; (d) printing errors; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or in the processing of the entries; (f) late, lost or undeliverable mail or email; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest and in no event will the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. If for any reason your entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another entry in the Contest if possible.
12. Disputes. Except where prohibited, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court of California or the appropriate state court located in San Francisco, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all right to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or your rights and obligations hereunder shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules which would cause the application of laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. Publicity. The winner consents to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, winner’s contest submission, photographs of the winner), if supplied to Sponsor on Minted’s websites, in Minted’s social media channels and related promotional efforts. Except where prohibited, your participation in this Contest constitutes your consent for the Sponsor and its designee’s to use your name, photograph, and details of the engagement story you provide, in any media without further considerations. You consent to allow Minted to use this information for publicity; Minted does not own this information.
14. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
15. Winner’s Names. For winners’ names, available after March 1, 2017, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winner’s List, Minted #mintedrings Engagement Photo Contest, 747 Front Street, Suite 200, California 94111, or send an email to marketing@Minted.com requesting a list of winners in the Minted #mintedrings Engagement Photo Contest. Winner’s list requests must be received by July 1, 2017. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM OR TWITTERComments Off on Official Rules: Minted’s #MintedRings Engagement Photo Contest