When it comes to holiday decorating, I like to come up with a fresh, new take on last year’s decorations—it’s a fun way to repurpose embellishments you already own. For this project, I turned my strand of red and white felt balls from last year’s Christmas tree into a festive garland of holly to drape over a mantel or wall.
My DIY felt holly garland pictured with Minted art print “A Deer Friend” by Andrew McClintock
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
1. Using a marker, trace your leaf template onto the green felt sheets.
2. Cut out as many leaves as you’d like for your holly garland.
3. Pinch the flat end of each leaf in half and staple.
4. Using a small dot of hot glue, glue two leaves together; next, glue three red felt balls together in a triangle.
5. Glue the red felt balls onto the leaf “stems” to make a berry-and-leaves bundle. Repeat for as many bundles as you’d like.
6. Decide where you’d like to place each bundle along the garland and glue in place with a small dot of hot glue.
Comments Off on DIY: Felt Holly Garland