Written by Melanie Blodgett of You Are My Fave
The annual flurry of Christmas cards and holiday cards is getting underway, and if you’re looking for a clean and modern way to display the season’s greetings, check out this easy DIY project using painted cork tiles.
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
• 6″ x 6″ cork tiles
• Masking tape
• Paint brush
• Letter stickers
• Christmas cards and holiday cards
Cards featured in project: “Statement Joy” by Kelli Hall, “His Blessings” by Erica Krystek, “Funky Branches” by Annie Montgomery, and “Jewel Box” by Kelli Hall
1. Use masking tape to mask off a diagonal line across each cork tile to prepare for painting (above).
2. Apply several coats of paint on one side of each tile. Dark colors will give you the best coverage and color contrast. Let dry completely before removing tape.
3. Apply alphabet stickers to spell out desired message (below). Attach tiles to wall with adhesive hanging strips then display Christmas cards using pushpins.
More Christmas Card Display Ideas:
• DIY Holiday Card Display: Paint-Stirrer Mobile
• DIY Holiday Card Display: Fabric-Covered Cork Board
• DIY Holiday Card Display: Christmas Tree Pinboard