Written by Sharon Garofalow of Cupcakes and Cutlery
‘Tis the season for entertaining! Whether you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner at home or are headed somewhere else, these wooden-bead trivets are the perfect accompaniment to your holiday meal. With all of the piping-hot dishes headed to the dining table, chances are you’ll be searching for something to set them on. These simple trivets are easy and inexpensive to make and look great display on the tabletop. Make several ahead of time or set up an activity table to keep the kids entertained while waiting for the meal to be served. You can also create an extra set and package them up as the perfect hostess gift!
• 1-inch wooden beads from your local craft store
• Leather ribbon, paper cording, ribbon, twine, or anything else that is sturdy and you can string the beads on
• Spray paint (optional if you’d like to create different colors for the trivets)
1. Spray paint the wooden beads if you’d like them to be different colors. Each trivet will contain about 12 beads or more, depending on the size of the dishes that will be placed on top. Let the painted beads dry completely.
2. String approximately 12 beads on a piece of leather or rope.
3. Double knot the cording to close up the beaded circle. Trim the ends.
4. Use your finished trivets to protect your dinner table during Thanksgiving and beyond.
These trivets are the perfect balance between form and function. For about $12, you can make 5 or 6 trivets that would be easy to store or be repurposed into other craft projects.
Comments Off on DIY: Wooden-Bead Trivet for Thanksgiving