Written by Kathleen Ballos of Snowdrop & Co
Who says Halloween has to be scary? These rainbow bats certainly don’t think so! Use colorful cupcake liners and pom poms to craft these friendly little bats to decorate your Halloween treats this year! They’d be pretty cute sitting atop a pumpkin loaf, don’t you think?
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
• Colorful cupcake liners
• Mini pom poms
• Black plastic-coated wire
• Wire cutters
• Wooden skewers
• Hot glue gun
• White and black paint
1. Flatten a cupcake liner and cut it in half. Fold it in half, and then in half again, and cut a curve out of the edge.
2. Repeat this multiple times in various colors and sizes. These will be your bats’ wings!
3. Glue two matching pom poms together, kind of like a snowman, and then glue them onto matching wings.
4. For the bat’s ears, cut two small triangles from scrap cupcake liners and hot glue onto the pom pom. For the mouth, cut a short piece of black wire and hot glue in place.
5. Use a wooden skewer to make two dots of black paint for eyes and two dots of white paint for teeth.
6. Hot glue a clean wooden skewer onto the back of each bat and use to decorate a fun Halloween cake!
Comments Off on DIY: Colorful Bat Cake Toppers