Written by Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon of alice & lois
I don’t know about you, but I have fond memories of splatter painting just about everything in my youth. I used the same technique to create a one-of-a-kind Halloween goody bag that’s simple to whip up and makes a bold impact. I used cotton muslin bags and black paint to add dramatic, creepy-cool splatters—throw in some treats, candy corn, pencils, spider rings, and more for a festive surprise for the kiddos. These DIY splatter-paint Halloween treats bags are guaranteed to liven up your Halloween party.
Click through for the full tutorial…
• Muslin bags (mine are 5″ x 7″)
• Black acrylic paint
• Paint brush
• Cardboard box
1. Cut a piece of paper just shy of 5″ x 7″ (so it fits inside the muslin bag).
2. Slide the paper inside the bag so the paint does not bleed through.
3. Place the bag inside a cardboard box to corral splatters then go to town! Get a good amount of paint on the brush and splatter away.
4. Once the bag is fully dry, stuff it full of Halloween goodies.
Photos: Sara Albers