Written by Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon of Alice & Lois
Add a bright pop of color to your summer picnics with these DIY utensil wraps. All you need is your favorite patterned paper—scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, card stock, you name it!—to make these cute little flatware envelopes. Here’s how we did it…
Click through for the simple step-by-step instructions…
• Wrapping paper
• Permanent tape runner
1. Cut wrapping paper to 8.5 in x 11 in.
2. Cut off the bottom 4 inches. If you use a solid-color paper or double-sided paper you can skip steps 2 – 5.
3. Apply tape runner to the bottom of larger piece of paper.
4. Place the smaller piece of paper onto larger piece of paper.
5. Fold the two sides together on the back side.
6. Apply tape to back.
7. Attach sides together.
8. Place cutlery inside the pocket you just created. Tie yarn or ribbon around the whole thing for a finishing touch!
Photos: Sara Albers
Comments Off on DIY: Colorful Utensil Wraps