Written by Kathleen Ballos
Have you ever tried sugar mice? I haven’t, but they look so adorable that I couldn’t help but use them as inspiration for these DIY party favors. Traditional sugar mice are apparently most common around the holidays but the pastel colors are perfect for summer, too, don’t you think? Fill these DIY felt mice with wrapped candies (I used Starburst and saltwater taffy) for a sweet little thank-you gift at your next birthday party or baby shower.
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
• Stick-on crystals
• Hot glue gun
• Felt mouse printable template
1. Download and print the template, then cut out all required pieces of felt.
2. Using the tiniest line of hot glue possible, attach the two side pieces along the edges of the bottom piece. It helps to apply glue to the bottom piece’s edge and stick the side piece on to that so that as little glue as possible is visible.
3. Hot glue about 1″ of the two sides together on the front and back.
4. Glue the two circle ears into gentle cones, overlapping the cut shown on the template. Glue onto the mouse.
5. Attach the crystal stickers onto the mouses’s face for eyes.
6. Cut a tail out of yarn and hot glue onto the bottom of the mouse.
Comments Off on DIY: Felt Mouse Favors