Written by Kathleen Ballos of Snowdrop & Co
If there’s one thing I love, it’s marbled paper. I can’t help but be drawn to it, no matter the circumstance. Which means I’m obsessed with Minted’s “Modern Marble” wrapping paper by Kelli Hall and have been crafting with it pretty much nonstop. Today, I used it to make this simple notebook-and-diploma garland that’s perfect if you’re hosting a graduation party. Plus, wouldn’t it be fun to ask guests to leave a note for the new grad in the little blank books?
Click through for full instructions …
• Straight-edge paper cutter
• Glue stick
• Hot glue gun
• White paper
• Pink paper
• “Modern Marble” paper
• Sewing machine
1. Use the paper cutter to cut the white and marbled papers into 4″ x 2½” rectangles. For each mini book, you’ll need one marbled rectangle and three white ones.
2. Fold them all in half and put three folded white papers into each marbled one.
3. Use a sewing machine to straight stitch down the spines of the books. You could use glue or a stapler for this step if you don’t have a sewing machine.
4. Repeat until you have enough books!
5. For the mini diplomas, cut the pink paper into 2½” x 3″ rectangles.
6. Roll the diploma and use a glue stick to tack in place.
7. Tie a piece of colored cord around the diploma to secure. Repeat!
8. Cut long pieces of string and hot glue the diplomas and books onto the string, alternating and keeping the spacing as even as possible.
Comments Off on DIY: Graduation Garland with Notebooks and Diplomas