Written by Sara Albers and Melissa Fenlon of Alice & Lois
It’s so hard to believe that in a few short weeks school will be out for the summer! If you have a special graduate in your house, kick off graduation day with a little fanfare with these printable “Adventure Awaits” pennant flags we created for you. Then add some flair to the graduation paper with a simple DIY paper garland done if their school colors. Get the free printable and paper-garland instructions below.
Click through for the simple step-by-step instructions…
• Colored card stock
• Free printable pennant flag download
• Wood skewers
• Sewing machine
1. Download and print pennant flags on colored card stock paper; cut them out.
2. Using sharp scissors, make a small hole on top and bottom corners of flag and slide the skewer through.
3. To make the paper garland: Use the same paper as the pennant flags and cut 3 long strips of paper about 1/4 inch thick. Next, cut then into 2-inch strips. The more strips you have, the longer your garland will be.
4. This is a very basic sewing project! Using a straight stitch, place a paper strip under the foot of sewing machine and slowly run it through the foot; make a few stitches before sliding the next piece of paper.
5. Sew slowly as you have to manually add each piece of paper under the sewing foot. Continue in a pattern until you are out of paper.
6. Now you have a festive and re-usable paper garland!
Photos: Sara Albers