Graduation season is officially upon us, which means a thoughtful gift for the soon-to-be graduate is in order. Help the grad in your life celebrate this huge milestone and embark on post-high school or college life (aka the real world!) with an art print bearing an encouraging, motivational message. Then, display the art piece on this easy-to-make clipboard “frame.”
• Bulldog clips (small or large)
• Gold spray paint
• Craft wood, cut to size
• Art print (featured here are “World Awaits” by Johanna Phillips Huuva and “California Seascape” by Wilder California)
• Command adhesive strips
1. Once you’ve selected your art print, cut the craft wood down to size. I cut mine so there was an extra inch on each side of the print to give it some breathing room.
2. Decide which clip size looks best. I used the smaller size clip for 5″ x 7″ prints and the larger clip for 8″ x 8″ and 8″ x 10″ prints. Spray paint your clip in a well-ventilated space; let dry completely.
3. Center your art print on the wood sheet and clip the print into place to secure.
4. Attach an adhesive strip to the back of the clipboard to adhere to your wall.