Written by Kathleen Ballos of Snowdrop & Co
This has got to be one of the simplest DIY projects ever—all you need is a cake and mini plastic champagne flutes! Perfect for a bridal shower or engagement party, write the message “Cheers” or “Congrats!” onto a frosted cake and decorate the edge with the champagne flutes for your guests. Doesn’t this make for a charming photo op?
Click through for more details …
• Miniature plastic champagne flutes
• Cake iced with a festive message (i.e. “Cheers” or “Congrats”)
• Piping bag filled with icing
• Champagne, sparkling wine, or similar
1. Along the edge of your iced cake, use the piping bag to make little frosting dots.
2. Fill a mini champagne flute with champagne or sparkling wine.
3. Carefully set the flute onto one of the frosting dots, pressing in place. (Tip: Pour and decorate the cake near your destination to prevent spills.)
More Cake-Themed Ideas:
• Recipe: Chocolate Cake Decorated with Pocky Sticks
• DIY: One-Step Mini Cake Stands
• DIY: Easy Alphabet Cake Toppers