The next time you’re headed to a party with some homemade treats in hand, don’t let the presentation fall flat by serving them on paper plates. These fun, fabric-covered serving trays look just as good as your goodies and are easy and inexpensive to make (we used our favorite Minted fabrics). Bonus: They make great hostess gifts, too!
Click through for the step-by-step instructions…
• Various trays (i.e., cookie sheets, pizza pans, plates and platters)
• Mod Podge (make sure to get the dishwasher-safe version)
• Foam brush
• Fabric scissors
• Minted fabric (seen here: “Dotted Line” by Anne Holmquist, “Animal Mix” by Jessie Steury, and “Honeycrisp” by Katie Wahn)
1. Cut a piece of fabric so that the size is slightly larger than the tray you are using (be sure to account for the tip around the edge).
2. Use a foam brush to apply a layer of Mod Podge directly onto the tray, then immediately place the fabric on top. Use your hands and press down firmly; smooth out any bubbles with a flat edge.
3. Apply another layer of Mod Podge on top of fabric to seal. Let dry completely.
4. Once dry, trim off excess fabric.
Find more of Melanie on her blog.1 COMMENT