Valentine’s Day isn’t just for humans! Show your favorite furry friend some love with this adorable doggie bandana (since some of us—me included!—have four-legged soul mates). And this gift is as simple as it is cute: You’ll be turning a rolled-up dinner napkin into a posh pup accessory.
Click through for the simple step-by-step instructions…
1. Start with a patterned dinner napkin. You can even order a set of four or more to give to all of your pet-loving friends.
2. Fold the napkin in half to make a large triangle.
3. Take the longest side of the triangle and fold the bandana over by about 2 inches.
4. Wrap the two ends around your pooch’s neck and secure by tying a small knot. That’s it! Your fancy puppy is ready to strut his stuff in style at the dog park.
Sizing tip: This napkin size makes a bandana that fits petite- to medium-size pooches with a neck circumference of 15″ or less. If yours is a large breed, extend the edges by gluing a length of velvet ribbon to the corners of the napkin and tie in a bow.
Gift these doggie bandanas by rolling and tying them with ribbon and a gift tag. They’re
the perfect Valentine’s Day accessory for that friend who’s always loving on
their fur babies (you know who you are, dog-birthday-party-throwers!).
Photos: Morgan Blake
French Bulldog model: Evan Robinson
More Valentine’s Day Ideas:
• How To: Throw a Cookie-Decorating Party for Valentine’s Day
• DIY: Valentine Mail Bag
• DIY: No-Sew Valentine Treat Bags
Find more of Kelli on her blog.Comments Off on DIY: Valentine’s Day Dog Bandana